Dr. Huma Sheikh M.D.
Neurologist | Neurology305 7th Ave Suite 13C New York NY, 10001
Dr. Huma Sheikh practices Neurology in New York and NJ. Dr. Sheikh studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. She has done two fellowships, including Headache and Facial Pain as well as Vascular Disease. She specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of migraine and stroke, as well as other neurological diseases.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Vascular Neurology
Dr. Huma Sheikh M.D.'s Expert Contributions
More than a "Headache"
In 2008 alone (according to most recent data), there were over 3 million visits to the emergency room (ER) where a headache was the primary complaint, in the US. (1) It's one of the most common neurological complaints in the emergency room. (1) The most common reason was a migraine. But the most...
Dr. Huma Sheikh M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10001Get Direction
Dr. Huma Sheikh M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sheikh
- Does MS Worsen Over Time? How to Cope with MS
The number of multiple sclerosis patients may not be known, since it is a condition that is not easily diagnosed due to symptoms being unapparent, and because there is no strict requirement for physicians to report cases within their practice. However, it is believed that 2.3 million and more...
- What Does the Hypothalamus Do?
Where is the hypothalamus located?The hypothalamus is a small, almond-sized, cone-shaped structure that projects downwards, ending in the infundibular stalk of the brain. This is a tubular connection to the pituitary gland, with which it has a direct relationship. The two are connected by nervous...
- The Osbourne Family Partners with Teva for Multiple Sclerosis Campaign
One of the people affected by lack of information about MS is Jack Osbourne, son of Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne. He was diagnosed with the relapsing remitting form of multiple sclerosis back in 2012. Spurred on by the uncertainty caused by his diagnosis, he partnered with Teva to establish a campaign...
- Vitamin D May Help Improve Balance in Younger Parkinson's Patients
Can vitamin D help your Parkinson’s balance symptoms subside? It is highly possible. Vitamin D is a natural, anti-inflammatory that is consumable. You can lower the amount of C-reactive protein or the protein that is responsible for most types of inflammation by supplementing your diet with...
- The Very Real and Deep Depression That Is Often Associated With Multiple Sclerosis
To date, what exactly triggers the onset of MS remains unknown. In some individuals, attacks of neurologic symptoms come and go, while in others, the attacks never get better. Nevertheless, in all individuals with MS, damage to the nerves can make it difficult for the nerve impulses to travel...
- Gene Wilder's Widow Opens Up About Watching Her Husband's Decline with Alzheimer's
Karen Wilder, who was married to Gene Wilder for 25 years, wrote an exclusive essay with ABC News to share with them her marriage with the late activist and actor. He died in 2016 at the age of 83, and in his last years, he battled Alzheimer’s disease. In this essay, she told their story of love...
- Dr. Ian A. Stein MD170 Great Neck Road Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Tibor Becske M.D.560 1st Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Paul Herberton Gordon M.D.710 W 168th St New York NY 10032
- Dr. Anup Panduranga M.D.300 Community Dr Manhasset NY 11030
- Dr. Nilay R. Shah MD725 River Rd Edgewater NJ 07020
- Dr. Ranga Chelva Krishna M.D.108 E 183rd St Bronx NY 10453