Dr. Kalpana Hughes, MD
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology2411 W Belvedere Avenue Suite 407 Baltimore MD, 21215
Dr. Kalpana Hughes is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Hughes specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
Education and Training
M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore University MD
Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute 1986
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- 2012 Baltimore Top Doc
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (ibs), Abdominal Pain, Inflammatory Bowel Disease And More
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Children's National Medical Center 1993
Professional Society Memberships
- NASPGHAN, AMA, AAP, AGA
What do you attribute your success to?
- loves working with pediatric population, family support, great fellowship training great mentors
Dr. Kalpana Hughes, MD's Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21215Get Direction
Palm Harbor, FL 34683Get Direction
BANGOR, ME 04401Get Direction
Dr. Kalpana Hughes, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hughes
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Is Jaundice: Get the Facts
Jaundice is the yellowish color that often appears on the skin of newborns. This condition develops when bilirubin builds up in the baby’s blood. While pregnant, the mother’s liver gets rid of the infant’s bilirubin; however, after birth, the child’s liver eliminates the bilirubin on its...
- The Health Benefits of Fermented Foods
What is Fermented Food?Fermented food involves the process of fermentation where food is exposed to bacteria, yeast, or a combination of these microbes. This food is then broken down to lactic acid, which allows the microbes to enter through the air in the environment. Lactic acid protects us and...
- What Is Breast Milk Jaundice?
Jaundice is a very common disorder in newborns. Actually, about 60% of infants experience jaundice within the initial days after birth. It develops when there is a high level of bilirubin in the blood. Bilirubin is a yellowish pigment released when the red blood cells are broken down.Normally,...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- Is Your Poop Healthy?
Have you ever given a glance at your poop before flushing it? Probably, not! We mostly do it every day, but never realize that the look and color of our poop can indicate a lot of things about our health. Yes! Our pooping habits can tell a lot about whether we are leading a healthy lifestyle or not....
- Dr. Maria M Oliva-hemker M.D.1800 Orleans Street Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Steven J Czinn MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Alexandra Bianca Vasilescu D.O.Johns Hopkins Childrens Ctr Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Hassan Wadie Hamandi M.D.1800 ORLEANS STREET, CMSC 2-116 BALTIMORE MD 21287
- Dr. Alessio Fasano MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Punit Narayan Jhaveri M.D.600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287