Dr. Barbara Stock is a psychologist practicing in Evanston, IL. Dr. Stock specializes in the treatment of wise aging, loss and grief, couples, depression, anxiety and adult ADHD. As a psychologist, Dr. Stock evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Stock because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help.
Education and Training
University of Michigan Ph.D. Psychology and Education 1972
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Phi Beta Kappa, National Register of Health Service Psychologists, Association of State and provincial Psychology Boards, Illinois Psychology Association
Professional Society Memberships
- Illinois Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Being present and truly listening. To quote Woody Allen, just showing up, has led to her success in the field.
Hobbies / Sports
- Writing, Reading, Spending time with her grandchildren
Favorite professional publications
- Psychotherapy Networker Magazine
Dr. Barbara M. Stock PH.D.'s Practice location
Evanston, IL 60201Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Barbara M. Stock PH.D. | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Barbara M. Stock PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Can You Get Back Pain From Stress?
Sometimes, the pressures of life become too much to handle, and stress becomes the norm. When stress lasts for too long, it becomes a source of many health complications. The effects of stress are only in the mind in most cases. However, extreme cases of stress may affect some parts of the body in...
- Reducing Anxiety with Exercise
People who have chronic diseases, like heart conditions and arthritis may benefit from exercising, according to a study published in, Archives of Internal Medicine. Exercise may help to relieve anxiety and improve the quality of life in these people. Results of this study add to the growing body of...
- How To Help Your Loved One Combat Geriatric Depression
Clinical depression is very common in elderly people. While the cause of depression is different depending on the individual, one of the main reasons behind geriatric depression is loneliness. Family members usually focus on the physical health of their elders and deliberately ignore another...
- St. John's Wort: Benefits, Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
St. John's wort is basically a plant which existed only in Europe, but today the plant can be found in USA and also some parts of Canada. The plant has oval-shaped leaves and golden-yellow flowers. The plant is attractive to look at having colorful petals and the colors of the flower are a mixed of...
- What Causes Binge Eating Disorder?
It is very normal for anyone to overeat once in a while. However, when you start overeating on a daily basis and it starts getting out of control, it is probably time to visit a doctor and get checked for binge eating disorder. It is basically a medical complication that makes you want to eat all...
- Dr. Merilyn Salomon PH.D.2116 North Bissell Street Chicago Illinois 60614
- Dr. Camille Ference PHD1100 Lake St Oak Park Illinois 60301
- Dr. Carey Woodruff PH.D.201 E Park St Mundelein IL 60060
- Ralph W Whetstine PSY.D.830 E Higgins Rd Schaumburg IL 60173
- Dr. Judith A Holmes PHD1440 Renaissance Dr Park Ridge IL 60068
- Dr. Courtney L. Dirksen PH.D.855 E Golf Rd Arlington Heights IL 60005