Dr. Duraid S. Younan MD
Surgeon619 19th St S Birmingham AL, 35249
Dr. Duraid Younan is a general surgeon practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Younan specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Younan provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Surgical Critical Care
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- 2005
- University of Rochester-Surg Critical Care, Rochester, NY 2004
- University of Rochester/Strong Memorial Hospital 2003
- University of Rochester/Strong Memorial Hospital 2004
Dr. Duraid S. Younan MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35249Get Direction
Dr. Duraid S. Younan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Younan
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Incisional Hernia: Get the Facts
An incisional hernia arises when abdominal tissue begins to poke through a soft spot in the wall of the abdomen. This type of hernia only occurs as the result of the incision made in a prior abdominal surgery. An incisional hernia may be the result of poor healing, infection, or technical problems a...
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- Hysterectomy: What to Expect During Your Recovery
Though a hysterectomy is categorized as a major operation, more women are going under the knife for it than before, and this is mainly due to less intrusive surgical procedures that lower the pain involved, shorten surgical scars, and speed up recovery.In abdominal surgery, a T-shaped surgical...
- Diagnosing Appendicitis During Pregnancy
Diagnosing appendicitis during pregnancy is difficult because its symptoms are quite similar to those of pregnancy. Therefore, it’s important to be aware of this condition and consult your doctor immediately if you feel that the signs and symptoms you are experiencing are indicative of...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove a damaged gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small pouch-like organ found in the upper right part of your belly. The main function of the gallbladder is to store bile, which is a digestive fluid used in the breakdown of fats. Specifically,...
- Dr. Timothy Ryan Pflugner MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Adam Beck M.D.619 19TH ST S BIRMINGHAM AL 35249
- Dr. Matthew Drake Spann M.D.619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Stephen Gray MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Kamran Idrees MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Tracey Wilson M.D.619 19TH ST S BIRMINGHAM AL 35249