Dr. Abdallah Altarshan MD
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism3830 W 95th St Evergreen Park IL, 60805
Dr. Abdallah Altarshan practices Endocrinology in Evergreen Park, IL. Dr. Altarshan specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Altarshan examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
University Of Damascus Faculty Of Med Damascus Syria MD
University of Damascus / Faculty of Medicine 1990
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Indiana University Medical Center, Internal Medicine: Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport, Internal Medicine: Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN - Endocrinology
- Louisiana State University, Indiana University Medical Center
Dr. Abdallah Altarshan MD's Practice location
Evergreen Park, IL 60805Get Direction
EVERGREEN PARK, IL 60805Get Direction
Dr. Abdallah Altarshan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Altarshan
- What is Type 2 Diabetes?
What is diabetes?Diabetes mellitus, commonly called the sugar diabetes, is a metabolic disorder characterized by hyperglycemia (surplus amount of glucose in the bloodstream), glycosuria (excess sugar in urine), ketonuria (excess amount of ketones in urine) and ketonemia (abnormal presence of ketones...
- Remembering Mary Tyler Moore: One Year Later
While some people are having a hard time fighting chronic diseases, like diabetes, some are quite successful in keeping the symptoms at bay to have a quality life. One celebrity who had type 1 diabetes is American actress, Mary Tyler Moore.She served as an inspiration to many type 1 diabetes...
- What is Prediabetes?
Prediabetes is a condition characterized by glucose levels that are high, but not as high as in the case of Type 2 diabetes. In most cases, there are no specific symptoms, and the condition remains undiagnosed for a long time. Prediabetes is also known as impaired glucose tolerance or impaired...
- The Diabetic's Connection to Heart Disease
Many already know that diabetes has a deep connection with heart disease, but a lot aren't sure about why or how. However, according to several studies, high blood glucose levels are a key contributor to this connection. High levels of blood glucose, or sugar, will often result in damage to the...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What are the Myths About Diabetes Diets?
Diabetes has always been associated with many stereotypes and stigmas. There are several misconceptions about diabetes diets, that affect an individual's willingness to follow it precisely. Many people believe that they have to give up all of their favorite foods if they have diabetes. Others are of...
- Dr. Ammar Adnan Bayrakdar MD2955 W 95TH ST EVERGREEN PARK IL 60805
- Dr. Romi Sethi M.D.9730 S Western Ave Evergreen Park IL 60805
- Dr. Jyothsna Palla M.D.3830 W 95TH ST EVERGREEN PARK IL 60805
- Dr. Jung I Jun MD SC2850 W 95th St Evergreen Park IL 60805
- Dr. Radhika Chugh M.D.2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park IL 60805