Dr. Phyllis Armstead M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry109 Bradford Ave Fayetteville NC, 28301
Dr. Phyllis Armstead is a psychiatrist practicing in Fayetteville, NC. Dr. Armstead is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Armstead diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Armstead may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Armstead treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Allegheny Univ Hosps, Psychiatry; Albert Einstein Med Ctr, Psychiatry
Dr. Phyllis Armstead M.D.'s Practice location
Fayetteville, NC 28301Get Direction
CONWAY, SC 29526Get Direction
Dr. Phyllis Armstead M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Armstead
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Can ADHD Be Treated Only with Medication?
Medication alone isn’t enough. Medication for ADHD is not all about seeking the services of a doctor or physician. You need to design mechanisms you can use to tackle the challenges associated with ADHD so that you can lead a more peaceful and productive life. With the most reliable tips, you can...
- What Are Different Cognitive Behavioral Techniques?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an effective way of treating several mental conditions such as:...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Repetitive and Self-Injurious Behaviors
Autism disordersPatients who are diagnosed with autism have certain challenges, such as having difficulty in learning language, as well as communication, and an incapability of understanding body language and expressions. They are uncomfortable in new social surroundings and with social behavior, in...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- Dr. Shabbir Ahmed Chowdhury M.D.518 Beaumont Road Fayetteville North Carolina 28304
- Jeffrey Meyer2083 Broadman Avenue Fayetteville North Carolina 28304
- Dr. Hubert Piotr Bitner MD2587 Ravenhill Dr Fayetteville NC 28303
- Dr. Lynda Ann Freedman MD2300 Ramsey St Fayetteville NC 28301
- Dr. Nerva Augustin MD1817 Reilly Road Mcxc Cod Credentials Fort Bragg NC 28310
- Dr. Atul Nandlal Kantesaria MD2547 Ravenhill Dr Fayetteville NC 28303