Dr. Steven Nussbaum MD
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Spinal Cord Injury Medicine345 E Superior St Chicago IL, 60611
Dr. Steven Nussbaum is a physiatrist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Nussbaum is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Nussbaum focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Nussbaum can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1988
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1988
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- 2007 Mentor of the Year, RIC
- 1999 Golden Apple Award for Outstanding Resident Teaching, RIC
- Northwestern University Medical School 1999 Outstanding Medical Student Teacher Award
- Medical College of Wisconsin 1994 Excellence in Teaching Award
- Bronze Tablet/University Honors, 1983 University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois
- 2012 Chicago Super Doctors
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Parkinson's Disease
- Brain Tumor
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Femur Fracture
- Abnormal Gait
Experience & Accolades
- Assistant Professor 1998 - 2014Northwestern University Medical School
- Director1997 - 2014 Medical Student Education, RIC
Dr. Steven Nussbaum MD's Practice location
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- The Best Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Positive lifestyle changes can do wonders for rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and the condition's overall outcome. There is significant evidence that lifestyle intervention promotes better prognosis and prolongs the life of patients with the condition. In other words, good lifestyle choices make life...
- What Is Sacroiliitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is sacroiliitis?An inflammation of one or both sacroiliac joints is known as sacroiliitis. This condition happens when the lower spine and pelvis connect. In other words, we can say that a sacroiliac joint is the union of the sacrum and ilium. The sacroiliac joint is bound by thick ligaments...
- The Main Causes of Lower Back Pain
Brief AnatomyThe back is composed of layers of muscles that hold the spinal column in place. It is involved in moving, twisting, and bending, which is why the back is prone to muscle strain.The spinal column is made up of vertebrae that are divided into five regions. The spinal column provides...
- How to Prevent Osteoporosis
Genes determine an individual’s height and skeletal strength, but certain lifestyle factors like exercise and diet are influential to the health of your bones. Having regular exercise will improve an individual's muscle and bone strength. Moreover, a person should get enough calcium daily through...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Dr. Santiago Deleon Toledo MD345 East Superior Chicago Illinois 60611
- Dr. Steven G Bardfield MD1010 EXECUTIVE DR WESTMONT IL 60559
- Dr. Daniel Hurley MD680 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60611
- Deepthi S. Saxena215 West Washington Street Chicago Illinois 60606
- Dr. Divya Agrawal M.D.1611 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Terry L Nicola M.D., M.S.839 W Roosevelt Rd Chicago IL 60608