Dr. Toby Gropen practices Neuropathology in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Gropen studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 1987
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Vascular Neurology
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- 2008
- 2009-2012 New York Super Doctors
- Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Neurology; Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Columbia University Medical Center
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Toby Gropen MD's Practice location
Brooklyn, NY 11201Get Direction
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35249Get Direction
Dr. Toby Gropen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gropen
- Karen d.
An Outstanding, Ethical Physician with a Heart.
- Do Mood and Anxiety Affect Multiple Sclerosis Disability?
In MS, the immune system attacks the myelin, which is the protective coating that encompasses the nerves of the central nervous system (CNS). This, in turn, leads to the formation of lesions or scars. Depending on what part of the CNS is involved – the brain, spinal cord, and/or optic nerves – a...
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Therapy Receives Rare Pediatric Disease Designation
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is characterized by progressive muscle degeneration paired with weakness. This is caused by the lack of dystrophin. This protein is the key to muscles staying strong and uninjured. This disorder is typically found when a person is very young, as early as three years...
- What Is an Auditory Hallucination?
Auditory hallucinations are false perceptions of sound in the absence of an external stimulus. You basically hear voices talking to you or other noises or music, which others around you do not hear. It is a very common symptom among schizophrenics. As a percentage, about 70 percent of schizophrenic...
- Drug for Opioid Addiction to Treat Multiple Sclerosis
Recently, there has been a lot of discussion about the opioid crisis. However, one of these medications may have a silver lining for MS. This might serve as a treatment for the disease, or it may simply delay the progressive effects. Either way, any progress is important for those suffering from...
- Waterlogged Brain and Gauging Parkinson's Disease
For those facing the day in and day out struggle of Parkinson's disease, finding out new information and the latest research can be beneficial to overall health and life enrichment. Statistics and new information within this area certainly brings hopeful news to those troubled with the daily burdens...
- Dealing with Anxiety and MS
In relation to MS, anxiety can present itself, owing to the fear of the effects of MS as it progresses, and the challenges, losses, or adjustments that may be necessary as a result of MS. This fear usually comes as a threat to your sense of normal self. A sense of self refers to how you feel about...
- Dr. Sheryl Martin-schild MD, PHD1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. John L Freiberg MD1111 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072
- Dr. Maria Bayard Weimer MD200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans LA 70118
- Dr. Michael A Puente MD1111 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072
- Dr. Bridget A Bagert MD4429 Clara Street New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Carol R Redillas MD1514 Jefferson hwy. New Orleans LA 70121