Dr. Thomas Rechtschaffen is a urologist practicing in Yonkers, NY. Dr. Rechtschaffen specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1995
New York University School of Medicine 1995
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Enlarged Prostate
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Member AMERICAN UROLOGICAL ASSOCIATION AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS MEDICAL SOCIETY OF THE STATE OF NEW YOR
- A Einstein Coll M-Yeshiva U, Urology; A Einstein Coll M-Yeshiva U, General Surgery
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
- Montefiore Med. Center
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Montefiore) Program
Dr. Thomas Rechtschaffen M.D.'s Practice location
Yonkers, NY 10701Get Direction
Dr. Thomas Rechtschaffen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rechtschaffen
- What is an Epididymal Cyst?
OverviewAn epididymal cyst or a spermatocele is a benign cyst that usually develops in the epididymis. The epididymis is a long, coiled tube that collects, stores, and transports sperm from the testes. Approximately 30 percent of males develop this condition in their lives.Another term for an...
- What are the Treatment Options for Genital Warts?
Genital Warts is an STD in which a person develops soft growth on the genital areas. Though the visible warts go away on their own, it becomes difficult to treat them when HPV virus enters the bloodstream. There is no remedy for removing HPV completely but the visible warts can be removed either...
- What Does it Mean if I Have Blood in My Urine?
Waking up to the sight of reddish discharge in your urine can be disconcerting to nearly anyone. However, nine out of ten times there is nothing severe to worry about. Though this is the case, there is always a chance that you might be observing a visible symptom of a serious underlying...
- What Is Dysuria: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or discomfort while urinating. This painful, burning sensation is commonly associated with urinary tract infections, which are usually caused by bacteria. Dysuria is also a common symptom of cystitis (inflammation of the bladder) and...
- What is Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia, or enlarged prostate gland is a very common condition seen in elderly men. It is also known as prostatic hypertrophy. Enlargement of the glands occurs around the age of 30-years-old, and progresses gradually causing a number of urinary symptoms by the time a man turns...
- Are There Effective Treatments For Genital Herpes?
While there is no cure for genital herpes, there are several treatments that may be effective in providing relief for symptoms. Treatment is not only aimed at relieving symptoms but also helps to reduce the frequency of outbreaks. Certain treatments may even reduce the chances of transmitting...
- Gregory G. Lovallo107 Montclair Avenue Montclair New Jersey 7042
- Abraham Knoll M.D.1777 Hamburg Turnpike Wayne New Jersey 07470
- Nelson N. Stone350 East 72nd Street New York New York 10029
- Dr. Mendley A. Wulfsohn MD1033 Clifton Avenue Clifton New Jersey 07013
- Dr. Mutahar Ahmed MD255 West Spring Valley Avenue Maywood New Jersey 07607
- Dr. Krishna K. Jhaveri M.D.6008 Junction Blvd. Elmhurst New York 11373