Dr. Brian A. Shaw, MD
Orthopedist12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO, 80045
Dr. Brian Shaw is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Aurora, CO. Dr. Shaw specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Shaw tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Va Sch of Med, Charlottesville Va 1982
American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (ABOS)
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- 1989
- Maputo General Hospital, Mozambique, Visiting Professor 2011
- Taught Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery at nation's only teaching hospit
- Resident Teaching Award Awarding Body: 2012
- Visiting Professor Awarding Body: Maputo General Hospital, Mozambique 2011
- International Surgical Mission Support Awarding Body: Pediatric Ortho 2010
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North Amerca, International Surgical 2011
- Recognized for volunteer surgical services rendered in Kisumu, Kenya 2010
- 2011 Maputo General Hospital, Mozambique, Visiting Professor
- 2012 University of Virginia School of Medicine, Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Resident Teaching Award Awarding Body: 2012 University of Virginia School of Medicine, Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2010 International Surgical Mission Support Awarding Body: Pediatric Orth
- Bones, Bone Cancer, Cancer And More
- Member and Past Chair, Health Policy Committee Pediatric Orthpaedic Society of North America
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics - Specialty ship and National Executive Committee Member
- Board Member El Paso County Medical Society - member
- Children's Hospital in Boston 1989
- University of Auckland 2006
- Massachusetts General Hospital Program, Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Trauma 1988
- Children's Hospital/Boston Medical Center Program, Orthopaedic Surgery - Pediatric Orthopaedics 1989
Experience & Accolades
- Professor 2010 Associate
- Member School of Medicine, Orthopaedics, General Pedatric Orthopaedics, Spinal deformity (scoliosis)
- Member Fractures and dislocations, Sports injuries, Congenital limb problems: club foot, dislocated hip, a
- Childrens Hospital in Boston (1989); University of Auckland (2006)
Dr. Brian A. Shaw, MD's Practice location
Aurora, CO 80045Get Direction
Colorado Springs, CO 80920Get Direction
Dr. Brian A. Shaw, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shaw
Get to know Dr. Brian A Shaw, an orthopedic surgeon who has been serving patients in Aurora, Colorado.
Dr. Shaw is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon serving patients in Aurora, Colorado.
Dr. Shaw tends to the children of Aurora at the Children’s Hospital of Colorado. The Children’s Hospital of Colorado set out to be a leader in providing the best healthcare outcomes for children. That calling has consistently made them one of the top children’s hospitals in the nation and a place parents across the Rocky Mountain region have come to trust. Their modern-day mission is to improve the health of children through the provision of high-quality coordinated programs of patient care, education, research and advocacy.
Dr. Shaw received his Doctor of Medicine (MD) from the University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville, Virginia in 1982. He went on to complete a residency at Massachusetts General Hospital in general surgery, and a fellowship at the Children’s Hospital in Boston in 1989 and the University of Auckland in 2006.
Dr. Shaw is board certified in orthopedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (ABOS). The ABOS is a private, voluntary, nonprofit, autonomous organization, the ABOS exists to serve the best interest of the public and the medical profession by establishing educational standards for orthopaedic residents and by evaluating the initial and continuing qualifications and competence of orthopaedic surgeons. For this purpose, the Board reviews the credentials and practices of voluntary candidates and issues certificates as appropriate.
A decorated surgeon, Dr. Shaw has been recognized the world over by numerous organizations and universities, including a Visiting Professor Awarding Body by Maputo General Hospital in Mozambique in 2011 and the International Surgical Mission Support Awarding Body for pediatric orthopedics in 2010.
- Recovering from Knee Replacement Surgery
Proper rehabilitation and a well-carried out recovery give you the chance to get back on your feet and continue an active lifestyle after knee replacement surgery. Setting and working toward goals will hasten healing and improve your chances for long-term success. It is important to commit to a plan...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Symptoms of Gout in Knee
What is gout in knee?Gout in knee is an inflammatory condition that causes swelling and pain in the knee joints. In the US, approximately 1-2 people in every 100 suffer from gout. Men are more likely to be affected by this condition than women with a peak-incidence age of 75. There are recurrent...
- Can I Walk After a Knee Replacement Surgery?
Yes, you can walk after a knee replacement surgery. The main goal of the surgery is for you to walk using an artificial knee and get back to your normal life. In fact, it is highly recommended that you immediately use your artificial knee.You need to know that walking again will require your...
- Holistic Treatments for Arthritis
Arthritis is a painful, progressive disease that affects the joints of an individual. There are many treatments available for arthritis. Each and every one of them works differently, depending on the stage of arthritis at which they are implemented. As we already know, if not treated, arthritis can...
- How to Prepare for a Knee Replacement Surgery
A major factor that you should consider before having a knee replacement surgery is proper preparation. A good preparation will actually give you successful outcomes with fewer complications. As a patient, you should consider learning what to expect during the procedure and recovery both at home and...
- Dr. Gaia Georgopoulos MD13123 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Craig Loucks9777 South Yosemite Street Lone Tree Colorado 80124
- Dr. In Sok Yi MD9777 S Yosemite St Lone Tree CO 80124
- Dr. Edward S. Szuszczewicz MD10099 RIDGE GATE PKWY LONE TREE CO 80124
- Dr. James Johnson MD1060 Plaza Drive Highlands Ranch Colorado 80129
- Dr. Matthew A. Hopson D.P.M.1850 Bassett St Denver CO 80202