Dr. Viswanathan is a UW assistant professor of medicine in the division of cardiology. He specializes in the field of cardiac electrophysiology and focuses on rhythm disturbances of the heart.
Education and Training
University of Calif., San Francisco 1999
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology- 2008
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease- 2006
- Loss of cytomegalovirus-specific CD4+ T cell responses in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected patients with high CD4+ T cell counts and recurrent retinitis.
- Dedicated transporters for peptide export and intercompartmental traffic in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Validation of the wall motion score and myocardial performance indexes as novel techniques to assess cardiac function in mice after myocardial infarction.
- Short QT: when does it matter?
- Pharmacological therapy for atrial fibrillation: current options and new agents.
- Injection of bone marrow cell extract into infarcted hearts results in functional improvement comparable to intact cell therapy.
- Ictal asystole: an indication for pacemaker implantation and emerging cause of sudden death.
- Current and emerging antiarrhythmic drug therapy for ventricular tachycardia.
- Right-sided subcutaneous implantable cardioverter-defibrillator placement in a patient with dextrocardia, tetralogy of Fallot, and conduction disease.
- Narrow Complex Tachycardia: What is the Mechanism?
- Acute Antiarrhythmic Therapy of Ventricular Tachycardia and Ventricular Fibrillation.
- The PAL1 gene product is a peroxisomal ATP-binding cassette transporter in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Restoration of cytomegalovirus-specific CD4+ T-lymphocyte responses after ganciclovir and highly active antiretroviral therapy in individuals infected with HIV-1.
- Univ Ca Sf Sch Of Med, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Internal Medicine
- Univ of Pennsylvania
- Univ of California San Francisco 1983
Mohan Nallicheri Viswanathan M.D.'s Practice location
PALO ALTO, CA 94304Get Direction
Mohan Nallicheri Viswanathan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...