Dr. Elizabeth Defrancis Allen MD
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology555 S 18th St Columbus OH, 43205
Elizabeth D. Allen, MD, is a member of the Section of Pulmonary Medicine at Nationwide Children's Hospital and an Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at The Ohio State University College of Med ...
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1985
Ohio State University College of Medicine And Public Health,Columbus, Ohio, United States 1985
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1985
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Listed, Best Doctors in America
- Sleep Apnea
- Birth Defects
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Nationwide Children's Hospital 1992
Dr. Elizabeth Defrancis Allen MD's Practice location
Columbus, OH 43205Get Direction
COLUMBUS, OH 43205Get Direction
Dr. Elizabeth Defrancis Allen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Allen
- Can My Child Develop COPD?
Can COPD Develop in Children?By definition, COPD is a serious lung condition that has developed over a long period of time. Numerous studies explained that children cannot have COPD; however, the disease process can begin at a young age.One can observe the symptoms associated with COPD in a child,...
- Home Treatments for Croup
Children, especially the younger ones are prone to have croup. It is a viral infection that causes swelling and inflammation of the vocal cords. Croup is characterized by a bad cough that resembles a barking seal and difficulty in breathing. The virus that causes croup is also the same virus that...
- Bronchitis in Children
Children when they get a cold also tend to get a cough. In most of the cases, it occurs due to bronchitis which is an inflammation of the lining of the trachea and bronchi. It is usually a mild illness that affects children.Having a child who is constantly getting a cold or having breathing problems...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- Asthmatic Bronchitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
IntroductionEvery time you inhale, air enters your nose and mouth, and then flows down the throat through the air passageways called as bronchial tubes. For the air to reach the lungs, these passageways need to be open. To transport the oxygen to the tissues of the body, oxygen is passed into the...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- Dr. Tiffany Lynn Turner MD555 S 18th St Columbus OH 43205
- Dr. Stephen E Kirkby M.D.1492 E Broad St Columbus OH 43205
- Dr. Don Hayes M.D.1492 E Broad St Columbus OH 43205
- Dr. Chandar Ramanathan MD555 S 18th St Columbus OH 43205
- Dr. Richard Davis Shell MD700 CHILDRENS DR COLUMBUS OH 43205
- Dr. Shahid Ijaz Sheikh MD700 CHILDRENS DR COLUMBUS OH 43205