Dr. Emalyn Cordes is a speech language pathologist practicing in SHAKOPEE, MN. Dr. Cordes specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Cordes evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Cordes helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Emalyn Anne Cordes MSE CCC SLP's Practice location
SHAKOPEE, MN 55379Get Direction
Emalyn Anne Cordes MSE CCC SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Mrs. Kristin Linforth Dobberke SLP6500 EXCELSIOR BLVD ST LOUIS PARK MN 55426
- Pamela K Hamilton M.S., CCC3001 HARBOR LN N STE 120 PLYMOUTH MN 55447
- Keri Ann Derauf M.S., CCC-SLP14301 EWING AVE S BURNSVILLE MN 55306
- Ms. Yvonne M. Duperon MA, CCC-SLP3395 PLYMOUTH RD MINNETONKA MN 55305
- Amy Ann Wink MA, CCC-SLP3395 PLYMOUTH RD MINNETONKA MN 55305
- Karlind Theodore Moller SLP515 DELAWARE ST SE MINNEAPOLIS MN 55455