Dr. Derek M. Kelly, MD
Orthopedist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery1458 W POPLAR AVE COLLIERVILLE TN, 38017
Dr. Derek Kelly is a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Germantown, TN. Dr. Kelly specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system in children. As a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Kelly tends to childrens bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Pediatric orthopaedic surgeons can treat newborns to teenagers. Some conditions Dr. Kelly treats include gait abnormalities like limping, limp and spine deformities, broken bones and bone and joint infections.
Education and Training
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine, Uams, University Of Arkansas For Me MD
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Emergency room visits by pediatric fracture patients treated with cast immobilization.
- Is radiographic evaluation necessary in children with a clinical diagnosis of calcaneal apophysitis (sever disease)?
- Trends in all-terrain vehicle-related spinal injuries in children and adolescents.
- An accessory limb with lipomyelomeningocele in a male.
- Screws versus hooks: implant cost and deformity correction in adolescent
- Medial ulnar collateral ligament origin in children and adolescents: an MRI anatomic study.
- Environmental and temporal factors affecting pediatric orthopaedic injuries.
- Surgical treatment of symptomatic accessory navicular in children and adolescents.
- Does preoperative orientation and education alleviate anxiety in posterior spinal fusion patients? A prospective, randomized study.
- Levels of Evidence in the Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics: Update and Comparison to the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.
- Epidemiology of Pediatric Fractures Presenting to Emergency Departments in the United States.
- Fracture of the Medial Humeral Epicondyle in Children: A Comparison of Operative and Nonoperative Management.
- The Impact of Child Safety Restraint Status and Age in Motor Vehicle Collisions in Predicting Type and Severity of Bone Fractures and Traumatic Injuries.
- Complications After Surgical Treatment of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.
- What's New in Pediatric Orthopaedics.
Dr. Derek M. Kelly, MD's Practice location
Germantown, TN 38138Get Direction
COLLIERVILLE, TN 38017Get Direction
Dr. Derek M. Kelly, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kelly
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- Reasons for Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of parts of your natural knee joint and replacing them with artificial parts known as prostheses. Knee replacement is a very common procedure used to repair your knee joint.Many conditions can make your doctor decide to...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...