Dr. Lactancio Fernandes practices Pulmonology in Lake Charles, LA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Fernandes manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
American Univ Of The Caribbean- Sch Of Med- Plymouth- Montserrat 1983
American University of The Caribbean; Plymouth, Montserrat 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- Ingham Reg Med Ctr, Pulmonary Diseases; Mc Laren Reg Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Lactancio Fernandes MD's Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
AMORY, MS 38821Get Direction
Dr. Lactancio Fernandes MD's reviewsWrite Review
- A Mother Shares How She Stays Strong for her Child with Cystic Fibrosis
Any parent of a child with cystic fibrosis knows how difficult it can be to stay strong. Seeing a child suffer from a disease that is simply just unfair would be challenging for any parent.Kat is the mother of a girl with cystic fibrosis. She shares how she stays strong to be the rock and support...
- Bronchitis: Causes, Risk Factors, and Symptoms
Acute bronchitis is mainly caused by a viral infection, whereas cigarette smoking is the most common cause of chronic bronchitis.Causes of acute bronchitisAcute bronchitis can be caused viral and bacterial organisms. Out of all, the most common viruses responsible for acute bronchitis include...
- Woman with Cystic Fibrosis Celebrates 40th Birthday with 40 Acts of Kindness
One woman is making it her mission to spread kindness--among anger, hope among fear, and love among hate. Kelly Asbell is that woman.Spending too many years in fearWednesday, March 21, 2018, was Kelly Asbell’s 40th birthday, a date she never imagined seeing. At age ten, Kelly was diagnosed with...
- How This Journalist Became a Champion of Cystic Fibrosis Awareness
New York journalist Scott Pelley is being celebrated by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for his tremendous efforts to CF awareness. Read on to learn more.For people who don't have any personal connection to cystic fibrosis, the condition is often overlooked. The general public doesn't really know...
- What is Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome?
Acute respiratory distress syndrome, or ARDS, the malignant inflammation of the lungs, and develops as a response to an infection or infection. Recently, our understanding of the pathophysiology of this condition has improved a lot and has led to better medical interventions. Since this is one of...
- FDA Approves Orkambi to Treat Young Children with Cystic Fibrosis
Orkambi is an oral drug developed by Vertex Pharmaceuticals and approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of cystic fibrosis (CF) in certain patient groups. It is the second drug to be approved for use in patients with CF, after Kalydeco. ...
- Dr. Gregory Peter Geba M.D., DR.P.H.212 McNeese St. Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Albert J Chinn MD501 Dr Michael Debakey Dr Lake Charles LA 70601
- Mr. Ben Frank Thompson MD2770 3rd Ave Lake Charles LA 70601
- Mr. Robert Craig Broussard MD2770 3rd Ave Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Manley Mcrae Jordan MD2770 3rd Ave Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Clifford Armand Courville M.D.2770 3RD AVE LAKE CHARLES LA 70601