Dr. Lactancio Fernandes MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA, 70605
Dr. Lactancio Fernandes practices Pulmonology in Lake Charles, LA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Fernandes manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
American Univ Of The Caribbean- Sch Of Med- Plymouth- Montserrat 1983
American University of The Caribbean; Plymouth, Montserrat 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Lactancio Fernandes MD's Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
AMORY, MS 38821Get Direction
- Does the Treatment of Asthma Always Require an Inhaler?
Asthma is considered a common lung disorder in which inflammation causes the bronchi to swell and narrow the airways. Asthma is indiscriminant of any age group. It is a long term disease that has no cure but can be controlled by following the right dosage of medication, prescribed by a doctor or...
- Choir Members with Cystic Fibrosis Record Album but Can’t Sing Together
A team of organizers reached out to the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, a Scottish charity foundation in Scotland, in order to see if they could recruit a small group of adolescents with cystic fibrosis for an album that they were working on called “Stand Together.”Unfortunately, due to the nature of...
- What a Lung Transplantation for Cystic Fibrosis Is Really Like
Cystic fibrosis has been one of the more devastating and debilitating diseases to take hold of the population. The condition has forced countless research studies, clinical trials, and innovative treatments to try and mitigate the symptoms and effects of cystic fibrosis. One of the riskier but...
- COPD-Focused Telemedicine
What is TelemedicineE-health, or telehealth (other terms for telemedicine), allows doctors who specialize in respiratory health make use of electronic tools and wireless devices to provide primary care consultations with their COPD patients. Through videos, photos, and live chats, referral with...
- What Causes Pneumonia?
Pneumonia is a lung infection that is caused by bacteria, viruses, or parasites. Moreover, pneumonia can develop in just one lobe of the right or left lung, the entire lung, or both of the lungs simultaneously. The primary characteristic of this lung disease is the inflammation of the air sacs or...
- Stem Cell Therapy Can Reduce Inflammation in Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis can cause numerous lung infections that will lead to lung damage and a weaker respiratory system. Scientists have therefore taken to researching different rehabilitation methods on repairing lung damage. There have been a number of recent breakthroughs in lung rehabilitation, but one...
- Dr. Gregory Peter Geba M.D., DR.P.H.212 McNeese St. Lake Charles LA 70605
- Mr. Ben Frank Thompson MD2770 3rd Ave Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Albert J Chinn MD501 Dr Michael Debakey Dr Lake Charles LA 70601
- Mr. Robert Craig Broussard MD2770 3rd Ave Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Joseph Richard Bosarge M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Manley Mcrae Jordan MD2770 3rd Ave Lake Charles LA 70601