Philip Curd is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Lexington, KY. Curd specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Curd participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Univ of Ky Coll of Med, Lexington Ky 1969
University of Kentucky College of Medicine 1969
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Univ Of Ky Hosp-Chandler Mc, General Preventive Medicine Evanston Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Philip R Curd MD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
Dr. Philip R Curd MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Tips for Living with Stroke
A stroke is a severe condition that is brought about by insufficient blood supply to the brain. This can be as a result of a blood clot or a broken blood vessel. According to physicians, stroke can cause different effects. However, if you stick to the treatment options designed by your doctor, a...
- Reasons Why You Need Occupational Therapy
Our days go by with daily occupations. These occupations represent who we really are in life. Different occupations performed daily may include different roles like being a husband, wife, parent, child, football player, tennis player, an actor, musician, doctor, firefighter, etc. Our occupations...
- When Should I See a Doctor if I have Back Pain?
Physical pain brought about by back pain can sometimes be unbearable making sitting, standing or walking a painful activity to undertake. Other aspects of your life might be affected too, such as sleep or your overall mood. Your daily life activities like study or work can also be affected resulting...
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- Dr. Lena D. Edwards MD1001 Monarch St Lexington KY 40513
- Dr. Susan Elizabeth Spengler MD2400 Greatstone Pt Lexington KY 40504
- Dr. Robert L Boyer MD1 Medical Village Dr Ft Mitchell KY 41017
- Dr. Melinda Grace Rowe M.D., MBA, MPH650 Newtown Pike Lexington KY 40508
- Dr. David L Grimes MD121 Washington Ave Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Prashanti Rajagopalan D.O.610 East Brannon Road Nicholasville KY 40356