Edward J Teufel M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease96 Campus Dr Suite 1 Scarborough ME, 04074
Dr. Edward Teufel is a cardiologist practicing in Scarborough, ME. Dr. Teufel specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Teufel also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1993
Georgetown University School of Medicine 1993
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Mary Hitchcock Mem Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Mary Hitchcock Mem Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Mary Hitchcock Mem Hospital
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Program
Edward J Teufel M.D.'s Practice location
Scarborough, ME 04074Get Direction
Edward J Teufel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Teufel
- What are Atrial Fibrillation Blood Clots?
What are Atrial Fibrillation Blood Clots?Perhaps the terms Atrial Fibrillation Blood Clots are familiar with your ears or may be not, as the opposite applies to many and may be you are one of them. If you are in the latter group of people, then worry only if you have not read this article to the end...
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Diabetes
DiabetesInsulin is a hormone that is secreted by the pancreas. Diabetes can develop when the pancreas stops secreting insulin or when the body becomes resistant to insulin. The most common type of diabetes is type 2 diabetes.According to the American Diabetes Association, more than 25 million people...
- What Causes Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
Sudden cardiac arrest is one of the most common causes of death due to cardiac diseases. Sudden cardiac arrest refers to the sudden loss of heart function, resulting in death. It is different from a heart attack in that the latter is caused by a blockage in one of the vessels that supplies the walls...
- What is Ischemia?
Ischemia refers to the condition in which the muscles of the heart do not get an adequate supply of oxygen. This mostly happens because of reduced blood flow to the cardiac muscles either due to complete blockages or due to a partial block in the blood vessels that carry blood. This condition, also...
- 5 Tips on Living with Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation is a condition of the heart which causes irregularity of the heartbeat. It causes quivering inside the heart chambers, especially the atria. Due to this rapid and irregular trembling, patients also have an increased risk of stroke.People that have atrial fibrillation usually have...
- What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?
What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?Heart failure is called by other names, such as congestive heart failure (CHF), cardiac failure, left-sided heart failure, and right-sided heart failure.The heart is an organ that pumps blood to various parts of the body and is a little larger than...
- Lowell Ian Gerber MD100 Spencers Ridge Road Freeport Maine 04032
- Paul D. Mcgrath MD100 Foden Road East South Portland ME 04106
- James B. Powers M.D.119 Gannett Dr South Portland ME 04106
- Douglas B Sawyer MD3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN 37232
- Howard B Sherman M.D.9 Healthcare Drive Biddeford ME 04005
- Enrique J Rivas MD119 Gannett Dr South Portland ME 04106