Dr. Beeling Armijo is a pediatric hematologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Armijo specializes in treating children that have a blood disease or cancer. Such blood diseases include disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and/or platelets. The types of cancers that Dr. Armijo treats include leukemias, lymphomas and certain tumors. Dr. Armijo can also treat bleeding disorders in children. Pediatric hematologists can be found in childrens hospitals, community hospitals, university medical centers and more.
Education and Training
University of New Mexico School of Medicine 2011
- University of New Mexico Program
Dr. Beeling Armijo M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
Dr. Beeling Armijo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Osteoporosis: Get the Facts
Osteoporosis is a disorder that causes the bones to become brittle resulting in greater susceptibility to falls. It occurs when the bones lose essential minerals like calcium, more rapidly than the body’s ability to replace them, leading to a significant loss of the bone thicknessOsteoporosis Can...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Dr. Natalie Kamberos D.O.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Mohamed A Radhi MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Arunkumar Jagadishbhai Modi M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Janice M. r. Staber M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Rolla F. Abu-arja M.D.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Marie-ellen T. Sarvida M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242