Roy Whittingham MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease2301 North University Drive Suite 112 Hollywood FL, 33024
Dr. Roy Whittingham is a cardiologist practicing in Hollywood, FL. Dr. Whittingham specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Whittingham also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Kharkov Medical University MD 1985
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Bronx-Lebanon Hosp Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Bronx-Lebanon Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
Roy Whittingham MD's Practice location
Hollywood, FL 33024Get Direction
PEMBROKE PINES, FL 33024Get Direction
Hollywood, FL 33024Get Direction
Roy Whittingham MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Whittingham
- Stem Cell Treatment Heals the Damage Caused by Heart Attacks
A new study has shown that muscle damage due to a heart attack can be corrected by stem cell treatment. This included a small number participants, but they have shown that stem cell treatment is an effective method to help patients recover from a heart attack. The study was directed by Eduardo...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is the Maze Procedure?
Atrial Fibrillation: What is the Maze Procedure?Atrial fibrillation is known as one of the most dangerous conditions of the heart. The infection can easily lead to stroke if you are not careful. It causes abnormal vibrations in the heart chambers, especially the atria. It alters the electrical...
- What are the Side Effects of the Clonidine Drug?
Hypertension or high blood pressure is a condition that causes an immense force of blood on the walls of the arteries. This pressure could sometimes be so high that it could eventually lead to certain health conditions. High blood pressure is one of the leading causes of stroke and other serious...
- What Causes Secondary Hypertension?
Secondary hypertension refers to high blood pressure that is caused by other diseases. This is a less common form of hypertension when compared to ‘essential’ or ‘primary’ hypertension. A number of conditions that affect heart, kidneys or endocrine system may result in secondary...
- Alternative Treatments for Congestive Heart Failure
Congestive heart failure is a serious heart condition where the heart cannot pump the required amount of blood needed for the body’s circulatory system. Prevention is the most important step for congestive heart failure, and this can be achieved through a healthy diet and lifestyle. If the usual...
- Hypertension: When Should I Call a Doctor?
Emergency situations with high blood pressure, called hypertensive crisis, are common when blood pressure is very high. This is a serious situation, as it may lead to organ damage. If the increase in blood pressure is not too high to cause any problems to any of the organs it is referred to as...
- Aslam M. Khan M.D.4900 W Oakland Park Blvd Lauderdale Lakes FL 33313
- Cesar Mario Pellerano MD2999 NE 191st Aventura Florida 33180
- Kevin Michael Coy MD3801 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33137
- Murray Rosenbaum M.D.1800 East Commercial Blvd. Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308
- E. Martin Kloosterman1800 E. Commercial Blvd Ft. Lauderdale Florida 33308
- Raul Alonso M.D.7100 West 20th Avenue Hialeah Florida 33016