Dr. Satish Modi is an ophthalmologist practicing in Poughkeepsie, NY. Dr. Modi specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Modi can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Modi can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Seth G S Med College University Of Mumbai Mumbai Maharashtra India 1970
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1969
Sawai Man Singh Medical College 1971
Seth G.S. Medical College 1970
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Tear
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Ophthalmology; Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Ophthalmology; Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, General Surgery
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Montefiore) Program
Dr. Satish S Modi MD's Practice location
Dr. Satish S Modi MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Modi
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- What are the Side Effects of Cataract Surgery?
Cataract is a disease which makes an eye lens to appear cloudy, thus reducing the eyesight. A normal eye lens assists in focusing light onto the retina for clear and undistorted image appearance. When a cataract forms in the eye, it makes images appear blurred and distorted. Although cataracts can...
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Dr. Mohsin M. Cheema MD84 Hurley Ave Kingston NY 12401
- Dr. Mary Elizabeth Davidian MD140 Executive Dr New Windsor NY 12553
- Dr. William J Senisi M.D.1 Webster Ave Poughkeepsie NY 12601
- Dr. Nancy Elizabeth Miller-rivero MD94 Pine St Poughkeepsie NY 12601
- Dr. Morton A Alterman MD23 Davis Avenue Poughkeepsie NY 12603
- Dr. Christopher John Kruger M.D.2507 South Road Poughkeepsie NY 12601