Dr. Laura Thoma is a speech language pathologist practicing in GLENVIEW, IL. Dr. Thoma specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Thoma evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Thoma helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
- Physical compatibility of 10% alcohol in 5% dextrose injection with selected drugs during simulated Y-site administration.
- Investigation of a filter structure by microbial retention studies: a synthesis and elaboration of prior findings.
- Screening extemporaneously compounded intraspinal injections with the bacterial endotoxins test.
- A tumor vasculature targeted liposome delivery system for combretastatin A4: design, characterization, and in vitro evaluation.
- A targeted liposome delivery system for combretastatin A4: formulation optimization through drug loading and in vitro release studies.
- Core-shell-type lipid-polymer hybrid nanoparticles as a drug delivery platform.
- Concepts and practices used to develop functional PLGA-based nanoparticulate systems.
- Targeted liposomal drug delivery systems for the treatment of B cell malignancies.
- Effect of sucrose as a lyoprotectant on the integrity of paclitaxel-loaded liposomes during lyophilization.
- Optimization of drug loading to improve physical stability of paclitaxel-loaded long-circulating liposomes.
- Development and in vitro evaluation of core-shell type lipid-polymer hybrid nanoparticles for the delivery of erlotinib in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Non-Invasive Detection of Lung Inflammation by Near-Infrared Fluorescence Imaging Using Bimodal Liposomes.
Laura Anne Thoma MHS, CCC-SLP's Practice location
GLENVIEW, IL 60026Get Direction
Laura Anne Thoma MHS, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Heather Jackman M.A.902 W CYPRESS DR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS IL 60005
- Dr. Guliz Barkan MDLoyola University Medical Center Maywood IL 60153
- Lauren Kastan2875 W 19TH ST CHICAGO IL 60623
- Amy Horan950 LEE ST DES PLAINES IL 60016
- Mrs. Sarah Elizabeth Roberts MS, CCC-SLP150 WEILAND RD BUFFALO GROVE IL 60089
- Elizabeth Steffen MA CCC-SLP345 E OHIO ST CHICAGO IL 60611