Dr. Todd Groom is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Safety Harbor, FL. Dr. Groom specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1990
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- The value of a screen and treat policy for Chlamydia trachomatis in women attending for termination of pregnancy.
- Characteristics of men who pay for sex: a UK sexual health clinic survey.
- Influence of a stable prostacyclin analogue (iloprost) and cyclooxygenase inhibition on angiotensin-II in the perfused human placenta.
- Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System Program
Dr. Todd M Groom MD's Practice location
Safety Harbor, FL 34695Get Direction
Dr. Todd M Groom MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Brown Recluse Spider: Bites, Symptoms, and Pictures
What is a brown recluse spider?A brown recluse spider is notorious for its appearance and poisonous bite. It is the most common brown spider that can be found in the Central and Southern regions of the United States. Brown recluse spiders feed on other insects like cockroaches and caterpillars (both...
- Can I Live with HIV?
Discovered in the 1980s in Western and Central Africa, HIV is a virus and at the same time an infection. HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus. It is a virus that gets into the bloodstream and slowly attacks the human immune system. The immune system is a naturally occurring system in the body...
- Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease
What is Lyme disease?Lyme disease also called Lyme borreliosis is an inflammatory disorder in which the first symptoms that appear include rash, fever, headache, chills and then later arthritis, cardiac and neurological disorders. It is a bacterial infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi. ...
- Alternative Treatments for Chickenpox
Chicken pox is a very easily spread disease, and the cause of the disease is the varicella-zoster virus that starts as sore and itchy skin. Besides children, pregnant mothers are at a high risk of acquiring the disease. Usually, the best method in avoiding the contracting of the virus is getting a...
- How Do You Contract Mononucleosis?
The Epstein-Barr virus is one of the eight known viruses of the herpes family. This disease is very contagious, and it can also result from other diseases. This disease affects young adults and teenagers. Those who contract this disease develop the signs and symptoms after being infected for a...
- Dr. Scott Ubillos M.D.4729 North Habana Avenue Tampa Florida 33614
- Dr. Cruz Martina Fana-souchet MD125 Patricia Ave Dunedin FL 34698
- Dr. Jeffrey R Levenson M.D.1700 66th St N Saint Petersburg FL 33710
- Dr. Eric S. Berke M.D.1121 Overcash Dr Dunedin FL 34698
- Dr. Michael J Cichon MD9804 N 56th St Tampa FL 33617
- Dr. Abey Sarai MD, FACP5670 54th Ave N Saint Petersburg FL 33709