Dr. Benjamin Woo is a psychiatrist practicing in Bakersfield, CA. Dr. Woo is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Woo diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Woo may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Woo treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
- Basal Ganglia calcification and pulmonary embolism in catatonia.
- Utilization patterns of psychiatric emergency services by elderly patients.
- Improving the quality of suicide risk assessments in the psychiatric emergency setting: physician documentation of process indicators.
- Substance misuse among older patients in psychiatric emergency service.
- How often do Chinese Americans stay on treatment after transitioning from outpatient mental health to primary care setting?
- The impact of unemployment on utilization of psychiatric emergency services.
- Unrecognized medical disorders among older patients in psychiatric emergency service.
- What role does ethnicity play in psychiatric emergency service?
- Are there race/ethnicity differences in disposition of older patients in psychiatric emergency service?
- Using a Chinese radio station to disseminate dementia knowledge to Chinese Americans.
- Increasing the mental health literacy of Chinese Americans.
- Older adults are less accurate than younger adults at identifying cardiovascular disease as a cause of dementia in the Chinese American community.
- Rainbow beneath the sky: mental health help for Chinese Americans.
- Dementia knowledge and information seeking of Chinese Americans.
- Psychosis education on a monthly Chinese newspaper to target Chinese American immigrants.
Dr. Benjamin Kai pan Woo M.D.'s Practice location
Bakersfield, CA 93305Get Direction
Dr. Benjamin Kai pan Woo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- What Is Flakka?
Flakka is now more popular than ever, with stories about its use spreading to national news channels. These stories range from hilarious to frightening, which makes flakka so interesting. There are stories of people running through the streets naked, which are a bit hilarious. However, there are...
- Everything You Need To Know About Agoraphobia
Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder in which you feel extremely fearful of places and situations that are uncomfortable and dangerous according to you. These are the places that make you feel trapped and assume that the escape might be difficult in the case of a panic attack, such as an elevator, a...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- What Causes ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurological/behavioral disorder that affects a person's ability to control one's behavior. The real cause of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is unknown, although numerous factors are thought to be responsible. GeneticsPeople...
- What Are the Types of Bipolar Disorder?
What is bipolar disorder?Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterized by extreme mood swings. The mood swings can be extremely high or low. They can last a few hours, days, weeks or even months. The mood swings consist of mixed emotions both of extreme happiness or extreme depression.Bipolar...
- Dr. Jagdeep Singh Garewal M.D.113 E F St Tehachapi CA 93561
- Dr. Sharmin Jahan M.D.1700 Mt. Vernon Ave Bakersfield CA 93305
- Dr. Franco Song seo M.D.8787 Hall Rd Lamont CA 93241
- Dr. Diana Mirela Botezan M.D.1830 Flower St Bakersfield CA 93305
- Dr. Conrado Castrillo Sevilla M.D.1830 Flower St Bakersfield CA 93305
- Dr. Samer Salmo M.D1700 Mount Vernon Ave Bakersfield CA 93306