Dr. Morton Berkowitz is a psychiatrist practicing in Great Neck, NY. Dr. Berkowitz is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Berkowitz diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Berkowitz may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Berkowitz treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1957
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1957
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Psychiatry; Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Morton I Berkowitz MD's Practice location
Great Neck, NY 11021Get Direction
Dr. Morton I Berkowitz MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Does a Psychiatrist Treat Insomnia?
What is the First Step to Initiate When You Have Been Diagnosed with Insomnia?The most important step to finding a solution for your insomnia is to get to the root of it. Have a conversation about it with your family and inquire as to whether your insomnia may potentially be hereditary or genetic....
- Top 5 Signs You Might Be a Narcissist
A person may not even be aware of the fact that he is suffering from narcissism as it is extremely difficult to identify with very few symptoms. Such symptoms may only be identified by a trained therapist. A person suffering from narcissism should always consult a therapist to control his...
- Are Stimulants Good for My Child?
Most parents whose children suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) reject the consumption of caffeinated drinks. They often think that such drinks could worsen their children’s symptoms. So why do medical doctors prescribe sedatives to kids experiencing severe ADHD...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Repetitive and Self-Injurious Behaviors
Autism disordersPatients who are diagnosed with autism have certain challenges, such as having difficulty in learning language, as well as communication, and an incapability of understanding body language and expressions. They are uncomfortable in new social surroundings and with social behavior, in...
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- Side Effects of Trintellix
What is Trintellix?Trintellix is an antidepressant used for the treatment of a type of mental disorder called major depressive disorder (MDD). The common side effects of this medication are:...
- Dr. Maurice Masse MD7701 13th Ave Brooklyn NY 11228
- Barbara Bartlick865 West End Avenue New York NY 10025
- Dr. Calvin H. Haber M.D.1 Hickory Rd Woodmere New York 11598
- Dr. Elena Bruck M.D.80 Fifth Avenue New York NY 10011
- Dr. Wei Wang M.D.35 W. Hudson Avenue Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Wilfrid Raby PH.D., M.D.175 Cedar Ln Teaneck NJ 07666