Dr. Maria Fernando is an internist practicing in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Fernando specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Fernando provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery 1975
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Swimmer's Ear
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Outer Ear Infection
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Vascular Disease
- Cath M C Bklyn-Queens Inc, Internal Medicine; Brooklyn Hosp Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Maria Fernando MD's Practice location
Brooklyn, NY 11237Get Direction
Dr. Maria Fernando MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fernando
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- Atarax for Nausea
Atarax Atarax is a prescription medication that belongs to the class of antihistamines. This drug blocks histamine, which is a chemical produced during an allergic reaction. The activity taking place in the central nervous system is also reduced when this drug is taken. Atarax is also used as a...
- Can My Diet Cause Gallstones?
What are gallstones?Gallstones are hard, stone-like crystals found in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is an organ found beneath the liver, particularly on the right side of the abdominal cavity. The pear-shaped organ releases bile into the small intestine to help digest the food we eat. The liver...
- What to Eat When You're Sick
When you are diagnosed with a chronic illness, or a temporary illness, you should eat properly and maintain a healthy diet. Difficulty in swallowing, nausea, bloating, lack of appetite, and many more symptoms add to the difficulties when you are sick. Eating the right type of food is very important,...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- Pleurisy vs. Bronchitis: Differences and Similarities
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is a condition, in which the lining that surrounds the lungs and the interior of the chest cavity is inflamed. Due to the inflammation of the pleura, this condition is also called as pleuritis. The pleural space is the space between the lungs and the chest cavity wall....
- Ramsey Joudeh M.D.466 Bay Ridge Ave Brooklyn NY 11220
- Dr. Walid Elkhalili MD6-20 Plaza Rd Fairlawn NJ 07410
- Dr. Geraldine S. Meanor MD150 Ridgewood Avenue Glen Ridge New Jersey 7028
- Dr. Gavriel Fuzaylov MD102-10 66th Rd Flushing New York 11375
- Dr. Katherine A. Gold M.D.5 Debevoise Street Brooklyn New York 11206
- Dr. Roger Alan Wooden MD233 Nostrand Ave Brooklyn New York 11205