Dr. Kusum Sharma is an internist practicing in Louisville, KY. Dr. Sharma specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Sharma provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
B.J. Medical College 1993
Armed Forces Medical College 1995
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Hives (urticaria)
- University of Louisville Program
Dr. Kusum Sharma M.D.'s Practice location
Louisville, KY 40241Get Direction
San Diego, CA 92131Get Direction
Dr. Kusum Sharma M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sharma
- What is Herpes?
Herpes is a viral infection caused by the herpes simplex virus, which is of two types – herpes simplex type 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex type 2 (HSV-2). HSV-1 causes blisters and sores in and around mouth, referred to as cold sores, oral herpes, or fever blisters. In HSV-2 infection, sores are...
- How to Get Rid of a Boil: Homeopathic Treatment and Prevention
IntroductionA small bump on any part of the body is always a troublesome affair. Has anyone wondered whether it is just a boil or a pimple? Although the two often look so similar, they are actually two different things. A pimple and a boil may start out similarly, wherein there would be a reddish...
- Scabies Rash Pictures
What is scabies?Scabies is a contagious skin condition characterized by small and itchy red spots caused by a tiny mite called Sarcoptes scabiei. Mites tend to burrow into the skin, which urges an individual to itch. Itching often worsens during nighttime. Scabies can spread through prolonged...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Polydipsia: What Causes Excessive Thirst?
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is a medical term given for extreme thirstiness. It is said to be one of the initial symptoms of diabetes. Polydipsia is also accompanied by either temporary or constant dryness in the mouth. It is very important to consume adequate amounts of water in a day, so that...
- Leukopenia: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
What is leukopenia?White blood cells (WBCs) are an important part of the immune system, which is why they are called as "fighter cells". There are five different types of white blood cells (WBCs) in our body. They are neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, monocytes, and lymphocytes. Each type of WBC...
- Dr. Tushar Nayar M.D.4777 E Galbraith Rd Cincinnati OH 45236
- Dr. Alice Roberta Hall MD4420 Dixie Highway Louisville Kentucky 40216
- Kenneth Ramos M.D.1002 Poplar Pointe Way Goshen Kentucky 40026
- Mrs. Michelle J. Aboud MD710 Breckenridge Ln Louisville Kentucky 40207
- Dr. Surinder Kad MD1029 Medical Center Circle Mayfield Kentucky 42066
- Dr. Charles R. Woods MD571 South Floyd Street Louisville Kentucky 40202