Dr. Alan Gravett practices Emergency Medicine in Peoria, IL. Dr. Gravett assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Gravett examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1982
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 1982
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Hennepin Co Med Ctr, Emergency Medicine; Hennepin Co Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Alan Gravett MD's Practice location
Dr. Alan Gravett MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous lidocaine,...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Dr. Michael Johnson MD8914 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61615
- Dr. Jennifer Sue Roberts D.O.530 Ne Glen Oak Ave Peoria IL 61637
- Dr. Mark Phillip Gaudio M.D.530 Ne Glen Oak Ave Peoria IL 61637
- Dr. Zachary Picker Radwine M.D.530 Ne Glen Oak Ave Peoria IL 61637
- Dr. Brendon Stephen Browning DO530 Ne Glen Oak Ave Peoria IL 61637
- Dr. Ban Gia Truong D.O., PHD530 Ne Glen Oak Ave Peoria IL 61637