Dr. Wayne Samuelson practices Pulmonology in Salt Lake City, UT. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Samuelson manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
University of Utah School of Medicine 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
- A prospective comparison of fiberoptic transbronchial needle aspiration and bronchial biopsy for bronchoscopically visible lung carcinoma.
- Asthma patients' satisfaction with the frequency and content of pharmacist counseling.
- Oxygen saturation in adult cystic fibrosis patients during exercise at high altitude.
- Sensitive and specific detection of the 4B5 antigen in bronchial lavage specimens from patients with primary bronchogenic carcinoma.
- Rates of hospitalizations and emergency department visits in patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease taking beta-blockers.
- The effect of fixed combination of fluticasone and salmeterol on asthma drug utilization, asthma drug cost, and episodes of asthma exacerbations.
- Nonequilibrium of two redox couplets in human plasma: lactate-pyruvate and beta-hydroxybutyrate-acetoacetate.
- Assessing redox status in human plasma: experience in critically ill patients.
- Straw lung.
- Allergic reactions to parenteral beta-lactam antibiotics in patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Cost-effectiveness of collecting routine cytologic specimens during fiberoptic bronchoscopy for endoscopically visible lung tumor.
- Gastroesophageal reflux: a common exacerbating factor in adult asthma.
- Basic therapies in cystic fibrosis. Does standard therapy work?
Dr. Wayne M. Samuelson MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84132Get Direction
Dr. Wayne M. Samuelson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Barrel Chest?
Barrel Chest A barrel chest refers to an individual's chest that appears to be always partially inflated. It looks as if they are taking a deep breath with their rib cage broadened. An individual with a barrel chest may find it hard to breathe.A barrel chest may develop due to osteoarthritis or...
- COPD: Definition, Epidemiology & Etiology
Our respiratory system is a complex machine comprised of small parts that ensure its smooth functioning. Even a small hindrance in any of the links can cause a complication in the respiratory system, which could result in severe health issues.There are many types of respiratory diseases, the most...
- Everything You Need to Know About Bronchitis
Bronchitis is a common medical condition affecting people worldwide, regardless of their age and sex. However, bronchitis tends to affect young children and infants, as well as people who have chronic medical conditions, especially chronic conditions affecting the lungs and heart.Bronchitis is an...
- How Is Bronchitis Treated?
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the bronchi, usually resulting from a viral infection. Bronchitis can be either acute or chronic. Allergic bronchitis is also common among people who have allergies. Bronchitis is more common during the winter season when common cold and flu infect people in the...
- Depression Leads to Non-Adherence of COPD Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a progressive disease, which currently does not have a cure yet, as modern medicine has not found a way to reverse the damage done to the airways and lungs. For this reason, there is a slow and long-term development of debilitating symptoms. The...
- Is Ibuprofen the Secret to Cystic Fibrosis Treatment?
Scientists say yes. The drug that works wonders for so many other everyday ailments could be a key component in the future treatments of cystic fibrosis patients. It’s hard to imagine that a drug found in nearly everyone's medicine cabinet could be a crucial component in the treatment of cystic...
- Charles Gregory Elliott Other8th Ave C St Salt Lake City UT 84143
- Dr. Tom V Cloward MD400 D Street Salt Lake City UT 84143
- Dr. Vivian Y Lee MD465 Saint Michaels Dr Santa Fe NM 87505
- Dr. Peter Fredrick Crossno MD5121 Cottonwood St Salt Lake City UT 84107
- Dr. Lynette Mardel Brown M.D., PH.D.5121 S. Cottonwood Salt Lake City UT 84157
- Dr. Nathan C. Dean M.D.333 S 900 E Salt Lake City UT 84102