Dr. Frederick Risener is a family practitioner practicing in Houma, LA. Dr. Risener specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Risener possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University of South Carolina At Columbia 1990
University of South Carolina School of Medicine 1990
- Stomach Flu
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Duke University Hospital Program
Dr. Frederick S Risener M.D.'s Practice location
Houma, LA 70360Get Direction
Dr. Frederick S Risener M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- Zinc Deficiency
What is zinc?Zinc is a mineral that plays an important role in many different chemical reactions in your body. The human body uses this mineral to fight off infections, maintain acid-base balance, promote growth and development, boost antioxidant activity, and regulate gene expression, among...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- What Is Asthma: Get the Facts
Asthma is a lung condition where the lung bronchioles constrict and get filled with mucus, narrowing the passage for air to pass through. It is a non-curable condition. However, the symptoms can be suppressed with proper medication, exercise (as prescribed by the doctor, or else, doing inappropriate...
- The BRAT Diet for Toddlers
IntroductionBRAT is a type of diet, which consists of bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. The BRAT diet used to be a staple mostly recommended by pediatricians to children with an upset stomach. The main idea behind this diet is to provide a chance for the gut to rest and at the same time...
- Dr. Francis A Robichaux M.D.804 South Acadia Road Thibodaux LA 70301
- Dr. Jack William Heidenreich MD111 Acadia Drive Raceland LA 70394
- Dr. Jody M. Plaisance M.D.804 South Acadia Road Thibodaux LA 70301
- Dr. Brian J Matherne M.D.291 Liberty St Houma LA 70360
- Dr. Mark A Walker MD606 Liberty St Houma LA 70360
- Dr. Douglas B. Harris M.D.804 South Acadia Road Thibodaux LA 70301