Dr. Larry Owen is an internist practicing in Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Owen specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Owen provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Ok Coll of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 1985
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine 1985
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Stomach Flu
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Ok Hlth Sci Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Program
Dr. Larry Scott Owen MD's Practice location
Oklahoma City, OK 73112Get Direction
ANCHORAGE, AK 99503Get Direction
Dr. Larry Scott Owen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Owen
- Long Commutes May Lead to Poor Health
A study published in, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, shows that people who commute long distances to work tend to have poor health. People who traveled more than 15 miles a day were more likely to be obese and had more belly fat, when compared to people who traveled less than 5 miles to...
- Health Reasons That Can Make a Person Pass Out
Causes of Fainting A person faints or loses consciousness for a brief time when the brain does not get enough oxygen. Fainting or passing out is also medically called syncope. Before fainting, people may experience lightheadedness, dizziness, weakness, and nausea. Others describe fainting as...
- Fitness Options for New Moms
Robert O. Atlas, MD, O.B.G.Y.N., chair of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, is of the opinion that when a woman can resume exercise depends on the individual. Some new moms are ready within two weeks while some others may take a month or so to get back...
- When Could Polydipsia Be a Sign of Something Serious?
Extreme thirst is medically referred to as polydipsia, which is believed to be the first signs of diabetes. Polydipsia can also be accompanied by dry mouth, which could be constantly or temporarily experienced.In order for the body to function properly, it is important to drink an adequate amount of...
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- Can Microchips Administer Medication?
A new idea of having an implantable microchip to deliver drugs on medication may replace daily injections and improve patient compliance in treatments. The new programmable device, discovered by researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), was tested on humans and the results...
- Dr. Daniel W. Lee MD1044 Southwest 44th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109
- Hamid Mahmood1100 North Mustang Road Mustang Oklahoma 73064
- Dr. Mary Kathryn Mercer DO5700 N. Portland Suite 102 Okc Ok 73112
- Dr. Susan Miller Dimick M.D.1227 E. 9th St. Edmond OK 73034
- Dr. Crystal D. LaGalle D.O.2700 Clay Edwards Drive Kansas City Missouri 64116
- Dr. Thuy T.T. Nguyen M.D.1908 NW 23rd Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106