Dr. Eric Holm is an internist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Holm specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Holm provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 2003
Roy J Lucille A Carver College of Medicine At University of Iowa,Iowa City, Ia, United States 2003
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 2003
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (dvt)
- Vascular Disease
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Central Ia Hlth Sys/Ia Methodi, Internal Medicine
- Central Ia Health Sys/Ia Methodi
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center 2004
- Central Iowa Health System (Iowa Lutheran Hospital) Program
Dr. Eric J Holm MD's Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
Dr. Eric J Holm MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Holm
- What Is Macerated Skin: Causes and Treatment
What is macerated skin?Maceration usually occurs when the skin comes in contact with moisture for a long period of time. Macerated skin appears white, wrinkly, and soggy. The skin also becomes soft, making it more susceptible to bacterial or fungal infections. In some cases, macerated skin can...
- Lactose Intolerance vs. IBS
OverviewIrritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a gastrointestinal (GI) disorder that can be mistaken for lactose intolerance and other digestive issues. Know the differences between these disorders to find relief and effective treatment. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) has a variety of potential causes....
- Do I Have a Sleep Disorder?
Do I Have a Sleep Disorder?Sleep normally follows a pattern that alternates between rapid eye movement (REM) sleep and non-REM sleep. Changes in this pattern affect sleep resulting in disorders that may lead to tiredness and lack of concentration and attention during day time. Sleep can be disrupted...
- What Are BCAAs?
What are BCAAs?The term BCAA is short for branched-chain amino acid. The human body is made up of different proteins, which contain amino acids. There are 20 amino acids and nine of them are considered essential amino acids, which you can get through your diet because your body cannot make...
- What Is Colchicine?
Generic Name: ColchicineBrand Name: ColcrysWhat is colchicine?Colchicine is an oral medication, which is available as a generic and brand-name drug. Colchicine is a prescription drug. The generic form of this drug is usually less expensive than the branded ones. In certain cases, the generic ones...
- 6 Reasons Why You Are Coughing Up Green Mucus
IntroductionMucus is a moist film, which helps keep your nose from drying out and protect your lungs from foreign substances, such as bacteria, viruses, dust, and other harmful intruders. It keeps you healthy but you may only notice it whenever you are sick. Mucus becomes thicker when you are sick,...
- Dr. Sarah Ann Garner MD1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. John A Carstensen MD2505 Flagler Ave Key West FL 33040
- Dr. Jay A Rosenberger DO1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Melissa Ashbacher Myers MD1701 E Broadway Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Christopher M Covert DO1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Valerie L Stratton DO1605 Se Delaware Ave Ankeny IA 50021