Dr. Shankar E Sundaram M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology2929 Health Center Dr San Diego CA, 92123
Dr. Shankar Sundaram is a hematologist oncologist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Sundaram specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India 1987
Cagayan State University College of Medicine and Surgery 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Hematology/Oncology; Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; U Pa Hlth Sys-Presby M C, Internal Medicine
- University California
- UCSD-Kaiser San Diego
- University California
Dr. Shankar E Sundaram M.D.'s Practice location
San Diego, CA 92123Get Direction
Dr. Shankar E Sundaram M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sundaram
- Genetic Advancements in Lymphoma Treatment
Cancers are a huge focus for research. Millions of dollars every year are funneled into funding research that could improve treatment methods or find cures for cancer, including blood cancers. Diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL) is the most common form of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) accounting...
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- How to Deal with Lymphoma Treatment Fatigue
Treatment fatigue is a very common problem among lymphoma patients. Whether the patient is doing pharmaceutical treatments, chemotherapy, or other treatments, they will likely lead to fatigue and a feeling of being burnt out.This article will go over what treatment fatigue is, symptoms that are...
- Facts About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma is a certain form of cancer of the plasma cell, which is part of the immune system. It initiates in the bone marrow, where the blood cells are produced.The immune system is made of variety of cells that fight infections and keep the body healthy. What takes place in bone marrow...
- Teen Treated for Lymphoma to Play College Baseball
Whether it’s the Dodgers or the Red Sox or the local high school team, they’re called ‘the boys of summer’.While summer is when the teams begin competitive play, they are very much the boys of spring as well.The temperature might be cool, but the air is sweet with promise.The players pull...
- How to Show Social Support for Lymphoma
A cancer diagnosis can shake an individual’s world, and not just the physical aspects of their world, but all corners of it. Although cancer attacks the body, it necessarily also affects a person’s mental and emotional state, and it can have an impact on other people close to the affected...
- Dr. Edward David Ball M.D.3855 Health Sciences Drive La Jolla California 92093
- Dr. Marsha G. Fink M.D.650 Columbia Street San Diego California 92101
- Dr. Anjali Anil Bharne M.D200 W Arbor Dr San Diego CA 92103
- Daniel M Vicario M.D.910 Sycamore Ave Vista CA 92081
- Fareeha Siddiqui M.D.910 Sycamore Ave Vista CA 92081
- Dr. Thomas A Shiftan M.D.3075 Health Center Dr San Diego CA 92123