Dr. Luis H Velosa MD
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry1029 North Demaree Road Visalia CA, 93291
Dr. Luis Velosa practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Visalia, CA. Dr. Velosa evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Velosa seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Univ Del Valle, Div Of Cien De La Salud, Cali, Colombia 1967
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Univ Of Mi Hosps, Psychiatry Lafayette Clinic, Psychiatry St John Hosp & Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Luis H Velosa MD's Practice location
Visalia, CA 93291Get Direction
Dr. Luis H Velosa MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Velosa
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Dr. Teresita M Amay M.D.109 Nw 2nd Ave Visalia CA 93291
- Dr. Richard Julian Nunes MD109 Nw 2nd Ave Visalia CA 93291
- Dr. Sanjay Masson MD1100 S Akers St Visalia CA 93277
- Mr. Md Ashraf Ali M.D.2608 711 N. Court St. Visalia CA 93291
- Dr. Prasad V Reddy M.D.231 W Noble Ave Visalia CA 93277
- Dr. Moira S. Locke MD144 South 'l' St Dinuba CA 93618