Mr. Peter K Tothy MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology8127 Merrillville Rd Merrillville IN, 46410
Dr. Peter Tothy is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Merrillville, IN. Dr. Tothy specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Mr. Peter K Tothy MD's Practice location
Merrillville, IN 46410Get Direction
Crown Point, IN 46307Get Direction
Mr. Peter K Tothy MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tothy
- The Blow Self-Image Can Take During Lymphoma Treatment
Many who have endured cancer treatment experience a blow to their self image, and cease to recognize the person looking back at them in the mirror.However, it does not have to be that way! Here are some of the most common changes, and how to cope with them.Skin changesYou may begin to see your skin...
- Teen Treated for Lymphoma to Play College Baseball
Whether it’s the Dodgers or the Red Sox or the local high school team, they’re called ‘the boys of summer’.While summer is when the teams begin competitive play, they are very much the boys of spring as well.The temperature might be cool, but the air is sweet with promise.The players pull...
- Exercise Proven to Help Lymphoma Patients
People always say that exercise is the best medicine. It's been proven through many years of research that regular exercise is really important to maintain a healthy body and mind. Doctors are always reminding their patients of the benefits of physical exercise and the power it holds to fight...
- Survey Shows Lack of Blood Cancer Knowledge Among Americans
If anyone is asked to describe what cancer is, chances are they’ll be able to provide at least a rough definition of the disease. Generally speaking, cancer is the name for the rapid and uncontrollable development of cells in a certain part of the body. In addition to holding a general awareness...
- The Link Between Lymphoma Radiotherapy and Mesothelioma
One of the more common forms of treatment for lymphoma is radiotherapy. This involves using radiation to kill the cancer cells in the lymph nodes. New studies have produced concerning findings regarding radiation therapy, and point towards another induced risk of using the practice.The StudyThe...
- How is Multiple Myeloma Diagnosed?
Various tests are conducted for the diagnosis of multiple myeloma since one result of a laboratory test cannot diagnose it alone. A number of factors like the history, complete body check-up, diagnostic test reports and symptoms of the patient are taken into consideration to get a proper diagnosis...
- Dr. Cheryl L Morgan-ihrig M.D.1630 45th Ave Munster IN 46321
- Dr. Yunus T Nomanbhoy M.D.17901 Governors Hwy Homewood IL 60430
- Dr. Mary Y Klein M.D.1190 N State Road 49 Chesterton IN 46304
- Dr. Mufaddal M Hamadeh M.D.17901 Governors Hwy Homewood IL 60430
- Dr. Mark F Kozloff MD71 W 156th St Harvey IL 60426
- Dr. Vasia A Ahmed M.D.17901 Governors Hwy Homewood IL 60430