Dr. Onyeama O Anakwe D.O., PHD.
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)5801 Chew Ave Philadelphia PA, 19138
Dr. Onyeama Anakwe is a physiatrist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Anakwe is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Anakwe focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Anakwe can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine 1998
- Acrosome biogenesis begins during meiosis: evidence from the synthesis and distribution of an acrosomal glycoprotein, acrogranin, during guinea pig spermatogenesis.
- Guinea pig proacrosin is synthesized principally by round spermatids and contains O-linked as well as N-linked oligosaccharide side chains.
- Maturation of guinea pig sperm in the epididymis involves the modification of proacrosin oligosaccharide side chains.
- Preparation and short-term culture of enriched populations of guinea pig spermatocytes and spermatids.
- Catecholamine stimulation of androgen production by rat Leydig cells. Interactions with luteinizing hormone and luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone.
- Regulation of mitochondrial and microsomal cytochrome P-450 enzymes in Leydig cells.
- Noncoordinate regulation of de novo synthesis of cytochrome P-450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage and cytochrome P-450 17 alpha-hydroxylase/C17-20 lyase in mouse Leydig cell cultures: relation to steroid production.
- Characterization of beta-adrenergic binding sites on rodent Leydig cells.
- Propranolol inhibits the compensatory increase in androgen secretion after unilateral orchidectomy in rats.
- Ontogeny of rodent testicular androgen production in response to isoproterenol and luteinizing hormone in vitro.
- Beta 2-adrenergic stimulation of androgen production by cultured mouse testicular interstitial cells.
- Effects of forskolin on androgen production by mouse interstitial cells in vitro. Interactions with luteinizing hormone and isoproterenol.
- Chronic effects of catecholamines on the beta 2-adrenoreceptor system in cultured human airway epithelial cells.
Dr. Onyeama O Anakwe D.O., PHD.'s Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19138Get Direction
Dr. Onyeama O Anakwe D.O., PHD.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Anakwe
- Reduce the Risk of Osteoporosis
Diets for OsteoporosisThe type of food you eat has a significant impact on your bones. Being informed of the foods that are highly enriched in calcium and vitamin D will always help you in making healthy food choices.If you take a well-balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, dairy, and fish,...
- Prozac Side Effects
Prozac, also called Fluoxetine, is an anti-depressant drug that is used to treat mental problems. It does this by affecting the chemicals in the brain, which may be unbalanced due to panic, anxiety, or depression. It is a drug that is used to treat mental problems, and it must be prescribed by a...
- Shin Splints: What Is RICE?
he pain caused by the overuse of the shinbone, which is the large front bone in the lower leg, is known as a shin splint. Shin splints are usually characterized by pain in the inner part of the shin bone or the tibia. Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). This...
- 5 Tips for Living with Osteoporosis
5 Tips for Living with OsteoporosisFor some people, an osteoporosis prognosis can appear like a fatal blow to their life. However, things aren’t hopeless as they might seem! Being in a position to adjust to the condition can really be helpful in getting you used to the condition. Osteoporosis...
- What Is Sciatica?
What is sciatica?Lower back pain is a very common condition that is often incorrectly managed. Back pain is a challenge in itself since it demands medical support and is a leading source of social, psychological, and physical disabilities. The majority of back pains are self-limiting and simple,...
- What Is a Physiatrist?
What is a physiatrist?A physiatrist is a medical doctor or a doctor of osteopathic medicine who practices physiatry or physical medicine and rehabilitation. Physiatry is a branch of medicine that specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, as well as rehabilitation of disorders, which...
- Dr. Shawn M. Peterson D.O.25 S 9th St Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107
- Dr. Akhil M Chhatre MD2411 Holmes St Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Maryum Rafique DO3401 N. Broad St. Philadelphia PA 19140
- Dr. Syed Hasan MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Mitchell Kirk Freedman D.O.925 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Zach Broyer M.D.925 Chestnut St. , 5th Floor Philadelphia PA 19107