Dr. Peter J Clagnaz MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry113b Hertford County High Rd Ahoskie NC, 27910
Dr. Peter Clagnaz is a psychiatrist practicing in Ahoskie, NC. Dr. Clagnaz is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Clagnaz diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Clagnaz may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Clagnaz treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Geriatric Psychiatry
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- 1985
- American Psychiatric Association 2003 Fellow
- Psychopharmacology, Brief Psychotherapy, Medication Management And More
- Member American College of Physicians
- Member North Carolina Psychiatric Association
- Member American Psychiatric Association
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics 1983
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics 1978
Dr. Peter J Clagnaz MD's Practice location
Ahoskie, NC 27910Get Direction
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32207Get Direction
Dr. Peter J Clagnaz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Clagnaz
- How Is Schizophrenia Diagnosed?
The typical cases of schizophrenia are easy to diagnose. The difficult to diagnose are those belonging to an ill-defined group that includes the so-called latent cases, borderline, character disorder, quasi-psychotic psychopaths, severe personality difficulties, and so on. The diagnosis made in...
- Top 7 Depression Myths and Misconceptions Debunked
Depression is mere sadness: Many people believe that depression is just a feeling of sadness and isn’t an illness. But depression is actually a complex mental problem that affects a person psychologically, socially, and biologically. People suffering from depression have a high level of stress...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Pristiq vs. Effexor
Pristiq and Effexor are medications that have similar compositions and are produced by the same manufacturing company. Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) is an antidepressant, which has been recently approved by the FDA. The composition of Pristiq is similar to Wyeth’s existing antidepressant. The patent...
- Dr. Patricia Wright Wesson M.D.1313 First St W Ahoskie NC 27910
- Dr. Abra Lee Bates M.D.200 Medical Village Dr Edgewood KY 41017
- Dr. Rita-kay Mabine Davis M.D.228 Main St E Ahoskie NC 27910
- Kelly Lynn Irvin DO1800 Chestnut Ave Denton TX 76201
- Dr. Yongyue Chen MD1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Louisa Apongse Ayafor MD113b Hertford County High Rd Ahoskie NC 27910