Dr. Sarah Ellestad is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Ellestad specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Ellestad can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Ellestad can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1999
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Baystate Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. Sarah Ellestad M.D.'s Practice location
Durham, NC 27710Get Direction
Dr. Sarah Ellestad M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Phthalate Exposure During Pregnancy Increases the Risk of Behavioral Issues
A new study has shown that phthalates, a common chemical found in a number of consumer products, are harmful to the mental and behavioral development of children. The results of the study are published in the journal, Environmental Health Perspectives. This chemical is an important component in...
- How to Prevent Flare-Ups of Genital Warts?
Introduction to Genital WartsGenital Warts or venereal warts are caused by HPV (human papilloma virus). When this virus infects a person, warts start appearing on the genitals. While some warts are asymptotic and people may not even realize that they are having it, some appear on the genital areas...
- Diabetes and High Blood Pressure Developed During Pregnancy Can Lead to Heart Disease
According to a new study published in Circulation: Journal of the American Heart Association, diabetes and high blood pressure during pregnancy may help to predict the risk of heart disease during early, middle-aged women. In this study, researchers analyzed data from more than 3,400 pregnant women...
- How Retaining One Normal BRCA Gene Influences Survival in Ovarian Cancer Patients
The National Cancer Institute reports that around 250,000 people will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and about 22,000 with ovarian cancer. While the survival rate among patients with breast cancer is significantly higher compared to ovarian cancer – the NCI reports about 40,000 of the...
- Gastrointestinal Pain in Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a common gynecological problem affecting women in their reproductive age. It never occurs before puberty and it usually resolves after menopause.Endometriosis is a gynecological condition characterized by the growth of the endometrial tissue outside of the uterus. There are two...
- 3 Reasons Why You Would Need a Hysterectomy
The uterus or womb, which nurtures and gestates a growing fetus till it becomes mature enough for delivery, can also become the source of life-threatening complications that require surgical intervention. There are at least three prominent reasons why a hysterectomy (uterus removal) might be...
- Dr. Kristina R. Ericsson MD, MPH263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06032
- Dr. Chelsea Ward MD.101 Medical Park Drive Mebane NC 27302
- Dr. Polly Jansen Watson MD3900 Browning Pl Raleigh NC 27609
- Dr. John T Soper MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Dawn Stanford Trollip MD4414 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. John Patrick Judd MD1000 Trent Dr Durham NC 27710