Dr. Salim Jaffer is a gastroenterologist practicing in Lansing, MI. Dr. Jaffer specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Jaffer performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ohio, Toledo Oh 1993
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Med, Gastroenterology; Msu-Kalamazoo Ctr Med Stu, Internal Medicine; Wm Beaumont Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American College of Gastroenterology
- Sparrow Hospital ( Lansing, MI )
- McLaren Greater Lansing ( Lansing, MI )
Dr. Salim Jaffer MD's Practice location
Lansing, MI 48911Get Direction
Lansing, MI 48911Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Salim Jaffer MD | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Salim Jaffer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jaffer
Kind, caring individual with awesome staff.
Would NOT Recommend.
- 20-Year-Old Rock Climber Is Breaking the Glass Ceiling with Celiac Disease
Margo Hayes is a top rock climber in the U.S. She has been a high-level rock climber since she joined Boulder’s Team ABC at the age 10. Now at age 20, she is the first female athlete to reach La Rambla in Siurana Spain successfully. (She accomplished this feat at only 19!) ...
- Celiac Disease: Five New Developments to Know About
When you have celiac disease or one of your family members has the disease, caution should always be taken so as not to trigger the pain and other complications that might be brought by the emergence of this disease. Since celiac disease has no known medication yet, a total abstinence from any food...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- New Blood Test May Help to Differentiate Between Celiac and Gluten Sensitivity
Celiac disease is a rare autoimmune illness, where the immune system starts attacking the outer layer of intestine once gluten is ingested. However, people complaining about gastrointestinal problems after gluten consumption far exceed the number of people living with celiac, these are mostly people...
- Hepatitis: 5 Ways You Can Contract This Disease
In 1990s hepatitis was considered as a widespread health problem. About 1.4 million people all over the world get hepatitis A annually. It has been estimated that in parts of Asia and Africa, approximately one in ten people suffers from chronic Hepatitis B. Hepatitis is a condition which involves...
- Does Coffee Help or Hurt Inflammatory Bowel Disease
For most people, coffee is their morning miracle and those who drink it first thing in the morning cannot even imagine getting up without it to start their day. For anyone suffering from an inflammatory bowel disease, the side effects from drinking coffee are the farthest thing from a miracle....
- Dr. Kamran Safdar M.D.12190 Cortez Blvd Brooksville FL 34613
- Dr. Scott A Plaehn DO1650 Ramblewood Dr East Lansing MI 48823
- Dr. William F Weatherhead DO1650 Ramblewood Dr East Lansing MI 48823
- Dr. Ashish K Tiwari M.D.138 Service Rd East Lansing MI 48824
- Dr. John F Walling DO1650 Ramblewood Dr East Lansing MI 48823
- Dr. Iftiker Ahmad MD1650 Ramblewood Dr East Lansing MI 48823