Dr. Earl Paul Petrus MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry21000 Plummer St Chatsworth CA, 91311
Dr. Earl Petrus is a psychiatrist practicing in Chatsworth, CA. Dr. Petrus is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Petrus diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Petrus may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Petrus treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Southern Ca Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1960
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California 1960
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Psychiatry; Comm Med Ctr-University Med Ct, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Comm Med Center University Med Ct
- COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER
Dr. Earl Paul Petrus MD's Practice location
Chatsworth, CA 91311Get Direction
Dr. Earl Paul Petrus MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Petrus
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Anxiety and Depression
What is autism?Autism or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a medical condition in which a person has challenges with public behavior, speech, and non-verbal communication. Autism is a life-long developmental disability, and it affects people how people perceive the world and how they interact with...
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust of closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at surfaces that have small clustered holes. Few of the examples would be the head of the lotus seed pod or the body of a...
- How to Get Your Hormones in Check When You Have Depression
Depression is a mental illness that consumes individuals, leaving them feeling helpless, hopeless, and sometimes useless. It can be caused by life experiences such as loss of a family member or mental trauma in an individual's life.Depression can occur to anyone, and for a vast majority affected,...
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Mr. Ronald Dean Sager M.D.4505 Las Virgenes Road Calabasas California 91302
- Dr. Nancy S. Wolf M.D.1242 Angelo Dr Beverly Hills California 90210
- Dr. Cassandra M. Klyman M.D8235 Santa Monica Blvd West Hollywood CA 90046
- Dr. Tsilya Bass M.D.7801 Sunset Blvd Los Angeles California 90046
- Dr. Gordon V. Brion M.D.PO Box 292543 Los Angeles California 90029
- Mark S. Lipian2029 Century Park East Los Angeles California 90067