Dr. Jacques M. Schmid M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology283 Commack Rd Commack NY, 11725
Dr. Jacques Schmid is a gastroenterologist practicing in Commack, NY. Dr. Schmid specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Schmid performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 1976
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Bridgeport Hosp, Gastroenterology; Beth Israel Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Program
Dr. Jacques M. Schmid M.D.'s Practice location
Commack, NY 11725Get Direction
Dr. Jacques M. Schmid M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schmid
- Does Crohn's or Colitis Put Someone at Risk for Another Disease?
As Ben Franklin said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” and if you have Crohn’s Disease or colitis, you know there are fewer mantras truer than this.The symptoms of IBD and some of the medical treatments that go along with it can all put you at risk for various ailments and...
- Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis Haven’t Stopped This Teen Athlete
For Hutchinson, Minnesota teen Kendall Markovic, it was more than just another soccer game: The community and her teammates had rallied up support for this senior team co-captain.In most ways, Kendall is just a normal teenager with a yearn and capacity for sports. In addition to soccer, Kendall also...
- What Is Autoimmune Hepatitis?
Autoimmune hepatitis is a disease characterized by inflammation of the liver, and when the immune system of our body turns against our liver cells, autoimmune hepatitis occurs. The immune system normally protects the human body from external viruses, bacteria, or infection, which can cause serious...
- What Is Left-Sided or Distal Colitis?
Most people have heard of colitis, but what exactly is left-sided colitis?Left-sided colitisLeft-sided colitis is a specific type of ulcerative colitis. Ulcerative colitis creates inflammation in the colon, and left-sided colitis, as you might have imagined, affects the left side. Left-sided colitis...
- Psychological Changes in Children May Be a Sign of Celiac Disease
Celiac is an autoimmune, chronic disease of the gastrointestinal tract that is not easy to diagnose in adults. So, it is no surprise that things are even more complicated at an early age.However, a timely diagnosis of autoimmune disorders is critical, considering the fact that an early on-set...
- What Is Cholera: Get the Facts
Cholera is a very dangerous disease, which is caused by the bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Someone infected with cholera experiences painless and watery diarrhea. Due to continuous diarrhea, one is likely to develop dehydration which can result in death. Many people who get cholera happen to...
- Dr. Santa Nandi MD120 Bethpage Road Hicksville New York 11801
- Dr. Paul Bermanski MD195 East Main Street Huntington New York 11743
- Dr. Michael C. Barth MD1488 Wantagh Avenue Wantagh New York 11793
- Dr. Gamaliel Immanuel MD230 Hilton Ave Hempstead NY 11550
- Dr. Scott Ingber M.D.775 Park Ave Huntington NY 11743
- Dr. Seth Evan Persky MD3400 Nesconset Hwy East Setauket NY 11733