Dr. Jaime M Rivera M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology715 Oak Commons Blvd Kissimmee FL, 34741
Dr. Jaime Rivera is a gastroenterologist practicing in Kissimmee, FL. Dr. Rivera specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Rivera performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1991
University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine 1989
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Mass Gen Hosp, General Surgery
- Providence Hospital and Medical Centers Program
Dr. Jaime M Rivera M.D.'s Practice location
Kissimmee, FL 34741Get Direction
Dr. Jaime M Rivera M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rivera
- Steroids for Crohn's Disease
What is Crohn’s disease?It is a chronic inflammatory medical condition that affects the digestive tract. The common symptoms of this medical condition would be pain in the abdomen, diarrhea, loss of weight, and in rare cases, the presence of blood in the stool. The disease leads to the...
- What is the Best Diet Plan for Ulcerative Colitis?
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic disease characterized by inflammation and ulcer formation in the lining of the large intestine, including the colon and rectum. This condition together with other diseases of the large intestine, like Crohn’s disease, is referred to inflammatory bowel disease. These...
- Constipation Hacks: How to Get Rid of Constipation ASAP
Our digestive system is responsible for breaking down the food we eat. This way, the body is able to absorb all nutrients from food, including water. However, not everything is able to be absorbed or broken down by the digestive system. As a result, these leftovers are excreted as solid waste...
- Does Smoking Cause Acid Reflux?
In 2013, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that the average smoker smokes 10-19 cigarettes a day, and about 17.8% of the population were active smokers. The first studies linking smoking to gastroesophageal reflux, or acid reflux, discovered that symptoms began...
- Teen Celiac Disease Patient Starts a Kosher Gluten-Free Food Bank
Celiac disease is a type of autoimmune disease that interferes with the absorption of nutrients while also damaging the small intestines. People with this disease cannot tolerate gluten, which is a nutrient not only found in a lot of the food found in the supermarket, but also commonly used in...
- Developing a Meal Plan for Crohn's and Colitis
You may have heard before that what you eat can cause Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), or other digestive diseases. This is a common misconception about these conditions that’s often perpetuated, but it’s not correct. While physicians aren’t entirely sure what causes...
- Shaista Safder60 W Gore St Orlando Florida 32806
- Dr. Robert Thomas Baker M.D.100 West Gore Street, Suite 300 Orlando Florida 32806
- Dr. Richard Anthony Dumois MD6735 Conroy Road Orlando FL 32835
- Dr. Srinivas Seela MD7975 Lake Underhill Rd Orlando FL 32822
- Dr. Megan Delimata M.D.1901 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Shyam Varadarajulu MD2415 N Orange Ave Orlando FL 32804