Dr. Martha Root practices Geriatric Medicine in Tulsa, OK. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Root works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Oklahoma State University / College of Osteopathic Medicine DO
- Enhanced uptake of monofluorophosphate by hydroxyapatite.
- Inhibition of the amorphous calcium phosphate phase transformation reaction by polyphosphates and metal ions.
- Communication barriers between older women and physicians.
- Two identical noninteracting sites in an ion channel revealed by proton transfer.
- Influence of protein surface charge on the bimolecular kinetics of a potassium channel peptide inhibitor.
- Identification of an external divalent cation-binding site in the pore of a cGMP-activated channel.
Dr. Martha Jean Root DO's Practice location
Tulsa, OK 74135Get Direction
Dr. Martha Jean Root DO's reviewsWrite Review
- Fast Walking for a Fast Memory
Take a Walk Down Memory LaneWalking speed and strength of hand grip can help predict the risk of stroke and memory problems in old age, says a new study. “This forms a very basic test to predict the odds of getting these conditions in old age," says Erica C. Camargo MD, PhD. A decrease in walking...
- Facts About Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s is a common medical condition among older adults that affects the brain. It is also one of the most common forms of dementia. One of the common misconceptions associated with this disorder is that it is a disease of the elderly. While it is true that age is an important risk factor...
- How Is Osteoporosis Treated?
The best treatment of osteoporosis is its prevention. However, once the disease has already affected you and weakened your healthy bones, it is necessary to treat it in order to prevent a further progression of the disease as well as its complications. The most well-known complications of...
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease (PD)?Parkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive neurological movement disorder, which means that the symptoms of this disease gradually get worse over time. The exact cause of the disease is still unknown. There is also no cure for this medical condition, but...
- Dr. Chandini Sharma MD4444 E 41st St, Tulsa OK 74135
- Dr. John Maxwell Carment MD4444 E. 41st St Tulsa OK 74135
- Dr. Kenneth John Kirk MD6506 E 89th Pl Tulsa OK 74133
- Dr. David Price Kraft M.D10507 E 91st St Tulsa OK 74133
- Dr. Insung Kim MD6160 S Yale Ave Tulsa OK 74136
- Dr. Rebecca Scott Crow D.O.4502 E 41st St Tulsa OK 74135