Dr. Benjamin Daniel Liess MD
Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT)84 Marginal Way Suite 900 Portland ME, 04101
Dr. Benjamin Liess is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Portland, ME. Dr. Liess specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
University of Missouri / Columbia Campus 2004
University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine 2004
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Transoral endoscopic removal of a bullet from the infratemporal fossa.
- Congenital central alveolar hypoventilation syndrome (Ondine's curse) with survival into adulthood.
- Metastatic esophageal adenocarcinoma presenting as an external auditory canal mass.
- Chondroid syringoma of the scalp: case report and discussion of clinical features, histopathology, and treatment.
- "Double-Doyle" intranasal airway splint technique.
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infection
- Ear Wax
Dr. Benjamin Daniel Liess MD's Practice location
Portland, ME 04101Get Direction
SOUTH PORTLAND, ME 04106Get Direction
Dr. Benjamin Daniel Liess MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Liess
- Home Remedies for Swollen Tonsils
Why are my tonsils swollen?The human body is a marvelous creation--a true work of art. It has the infrastructure to keep itself safe from harmful bacteria and viruses, and it has the ability to heal itself. One of these infrastructures is the tonsils. These are lymph nodes located at the back of the...
- What Is Chronic Sinusitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
IntroductionChronic sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses that tend to persist for 12 weeks or more, despite treatment attempts. Another term for chronic sinusitis is chronic rhinosinusitis, which causes mucus buildup due to an impaired drainage of the sinuses. People with chronic sinusitis...
- Shortness of Breath – When to See a Doctor
Shortness of breath, medically known as dyspnea, is described as a strong tightening in the chest, a feeling of suffocation or air hunger. The description of shortness of breath varies depending on its cause.Maximum cases of shortness of breath are observed in patients suffering from any heart or...
- Reasons Why You Need an Adenoidectomy
Having a sore throat is a common condition and anyone can be affected by it. One cause of a sore throat is tonsillitis (inflammation of the tonsils). However, apart from tonsils, there are also adenoids, which are found at the back of the pharynx. Adenoids can also be affected and can cause a series...
- What to Expect After a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is mostly carried out as an outpatient operation, where the patient is allowed to go home on the same day after the surgery. However, a one-day hospital stay is recommended if complications occur after the operation and if the patient has a minor or complex medical...
- Holistic Treatments for Sinusitis
A sinus infection can be caused by bacteria, virus, or fungi. Some of the symptoms of a sinus infection are congestion in the nasal passages, headaches, fever, and cough. It is always advisable to consult a physician if you are experiencing any of these symptoms. However, there are some natural...
- Dr. Julius Damion M.D.1685 Congress St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Jeffrey C Bedrosian MD1250 Forest Ave Portland ME 04103
- Dr. Jay David Raisen M.D.801 Broadway N Fargo ND 58102
- Dr. Demetri Antoniou M.D.,D.M.D.15 Sewall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Matthew James Hearst MD43 Baxter Blvd Portland ME 04101
- Dr. Michael Nmi Knowland MD,FACS130 Clifford St South Portland ME 04106