Dr. Catherine Spayd is a psychologist practicing in Duncansville, PA. Dr. Spayd specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Spayd evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Spayd because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Catherine Selth Spayd PH.D.'s Practice location
Duncansville, PA 16635Get Direction
Dr. Catherine Selth Spayd PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Overstimulation Makes Eye Contact Difficult for Those with Autism, Study Finds
It has been a common perception in recent years that when children with autism avoid eye contact out of indifference. People have said they are in their own world and need to be brought out of it.Children with ASD are very different from one another, in their struggles and levels of functioning. A...
- What are the Symptoms of Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a chronic mental disorder characterized by distorted and abnormal understandings and interpretations of reality. This is a severe form of a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks and expresses himself or herself. As the person fails to understand reality, he or she...
- “Did You Say Mama?” Five-Year-Old with Nonverbal Autism Surprises Parents
Around 30% of individuals on the autism spectrum use only a few words or do not speak at all. These individuals are described as having nonverbal autism and 5-year-old Taylor Blakenship from Athens, Alabama is one of them. ...
- Autism: Why It's Important to Consider Identity-First Language
When discussing autism, it’s easy to get caught up in conversations about genetics and DNA that can often feel detached from the everyday experiences of people with autism. The research being done in these areas and the discussions that surround them are undoubtedly important. New studies and data...
- Classes Teach Law Enforcement How to Respond to People with Autism
Oklahoma police sergeant Cory Sutton and his wife, Traci Sutton, were deeply disturbed when a close family friend relayed an incident that occurred between their special needs child and local law enforcement. Sutton and his wife have special needs twins. It was all too easy to put themselves in...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating is when you feel a strong need to eat large amounts of food at all times without having control over it. Everybody overeats once in a while when having favorite meals or when really hungry. However, when the overeating becomes frequent and gets out of control, it crosses the line from...
- Dr. Wayne Robert D'agaro PSY.D.2500 7th Ave Altoona PA 16602
- Dr. R Daniel Palmer PH,D,518 Mulberry St Hollidaysburg PA 16648
- Dr. Todd Daniel Negola PSY.D.2907 Pleasant Valley Blvd Altoona PA 16602
- Dr. Debra E Haldeman PHD1414 9th Ave Altoona PA 16602
- Mr. Michael Herbert Moran MA620 Howard Avenue Altoona PA 16601
- Dr. Dulin W Clark PH.D.511 Allegheny St Hollidaysburg PA 16648