Dr. Marissa Young is a speech language pathologist practicing in FORT PIERCE, FL. Dr. Young specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Young evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Young helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Marissa Rae Young SLPA's Practice location
FORT PIERCE, FL 34981Get Direction
Ms. Marissa Rae Young SLPA's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Carlos Carrasquillo403 SE WALTON LAKES DR PORT SAINT LUCIE FL 34952
- Donna B Fawcett M.S., CCC-SLP20 PALM RD STUART FL 34996
- Linda Delucca1444 SE PROCTOR LN PORT ST LUCIE FL 34983
- Ms. Lynn Lorna Graff MA,MS, CCC-SLP3283 NE SKYLINE DR JENSEN BEACH FL 34957
- Alyssa Dunphey2050 40TH AVE STE 1 VERO BEACH FL 32960
- Megan Knowles MA, CCC-SLP5085 TOPAZ LN SW VERO BEACH FL 32968