Dr. Scott Visser is a family practitioner practicing in Wilmington, NC. Dr. Visser specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Visser possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Va Sch of Med, Charlottesville Va 1986
University of Virginia School of Medicine 1986
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Sports Medicine
- Hearing Loss
- High Cholesterol
- Trigger Finger
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Vascular Disease
- Member New Hanover County Medical Society
- Member North Carolina Medical Society
- Member American Medical Association
- Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center 1989
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Program
Dr. Scott William Visser MD's Practice location
Wilmington, NC 28403Get Direction
Dr. Scott William Visser MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is the Purpose of the Hormone Prolactin?
What is prolactin?Prolactin or luteotropic hormone (LTH) is a peptide hormone, which promotes milk secretion in female mammals. This hormone also plays a significant role in pancreatic development, immune system regulation, and metabolism. When women become pregnant, their prolactin levels increase...
- What Medications Are Required to Treat Meningitis?
The type of treatment to use is determined by the organism that causes the illness, the severity of the disease, the age of the patient and overall health status.What tests are done to identify meningitis?A few tests may be performed to determine whether you have meningitis. Tests are also done to...
- What Is the Cause of an Underactive Thyroid Gland?
Gaining weight? Feeling colder? Feeling depressed? Hypothyroidism could be the reason behind it.What is hypothyroidism?Also known as low thyroid or underactive thyroid, hypothyroidism is characterized by underactive thyroid glands that fail to produce an adequate amount of thyroid hormones. These...
- Non-Medical Treatments for High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is a critical condition that should be taken very seriously. If left untreated for a long period of time, it can lead to fatal consequences. Many people who suffer from this condition underestimate its significance and do not follow their doctors' orders. It is...
- Decoding Facts About the Strep Throat Infection
Is it a sore throat or a strep throat infection?Strep throat is a medical condition associated with bacteria that infect the throat and tonsils. The infection is caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria. This group of bacteria is usually spread through contact with droplets of an infected person....
- What is Bone Density?
For good health, strong bones are important. Bone mineral density(BMD) is the best way to measure the health of the bones. It is a comparison of the person's bone density or mass to that of a healthy person who is of the same age and sex. Bone mineral density can show whether a person has...
- Dr. Audrey Lynn Sutton-surak DO1414 Physicians Drive Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Peter G. Kramer DO1721 Allens Ln Wilmington NC 28403
- Dr. Jodie April Calain D.O.2523 Delaney Rd Wilmington NC 28403
- Dr. Dewey H. Bridger MD1960 S 16th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Jessica Burkett MD1202 Medical Center Dr Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Mark David Perez MD4308 Stratton Village Ln Wilmington NC 28409