Andrew Macfarlane is an acupuncturist practicing in PITTSBURGH, PA. Dr. Macfarlane evaluates and treats patients based on the concepts of oriental medicine. Acupuncturists complete their evaluations by getting a patient history and looking at and touching the body. Then, they place very fine acupuncture needles into specific points on the body. Stimulating these points and nerves is how Dr. Macfarlane treats the patients condition. Many of the bodys systems respond to acupuncture, and it can treat physical pain as well as emotional stress.
Andrew Macfarlane L.AC's Practice location
PITTSBURGH, PA 15213Get Direction
Andrew Macfarlane L.AC's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Acupuncture a Holistic Treatment?
The holistic theory of acupuncture derives its basis from the patterns of energy that flows across the body. During a healthy state, energy travels freely through a network of channels in the body. These channels are often referred to as meridians. Such disruptions are responsible for the occurrence...
- Baby Acne: What are the Causes and Treatments?
What causes Baby Acne?Baby acne, as well as a lot of adult acne, usually appears as red bumps and pimples on baby’s skin. The bump may be surrounded by red skin. The baby is also likely to develop whiteheads or white pustules. The causes of baby acne have not been specified and remain unclear at...
- 7 Complementary Therapies for Lupus
Are you on lupus treatment? Do you want to know if there are better options to improve your health? More than 50 percent of lupus patients worldwide try complementary therapies. Complementary therapies are therapies that are followed in addition to routine medicines prescribed by doctors. The seven...
- Acupuncture for Migraines
Traditional Chinese medicines have an effective framework for pathophysiology, headache etiology, diagnosis or prognosis, and treatment. Acupuncture has always been used to treat migraines and the greatest benefit is that it doesn’t cause any harm. Unlike synthetic medications, acupuncture poses...
- Holistic Treatments for Jock Itch
Western medicine has progressed remarkably in shaping healthcare and wellness therapies. There are scores of medicines that are useful in the treatment of a fungal infections like jock itch. The problem lies in the side effects of antifungal medicines, especially drugs like corticosteroids.Medicines...
- How to Prepare for Acupuncture
There are no special or specific preparations before undergoing an acupuncture treatment. However, if you are thinking about having an acupuncture, there are some things you might want to consider first before going through it. You can start by:...
- Dr. Chongxue Zhu OMD,MS8001 Rowan Rd Cranberry Twp PA 16066
- Jennifer S. Whiteside M.AC.1307 Federal St Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Jessica Kathleen Fritz L.AC.6325 Penn Ave Pittsburgh PA 15206
- Mr. Peter Anthony Braasch M.AC., L.AC.2301 Murray Ave Pittsburgh PA 15217
- Dr. Rae K Du ssollae DOM, LAC, DIPLO. OM422 Dickson Ave Pittsburgh PA 15202
- Brandy Maupin L.AC.4222 OLD WILLIAM PENN HWY MURRYSVILLE PA 15668