Dr. Scott Sims practices Emergency Medicine in Naperville, IL. Dr. Sims assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Sims examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1992
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1992
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Advocate Christ Med Ctr, Emergency Medicine
- Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn 1995
- Advocate Christ Medical Center Program
Dr. Scott L Sims M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Scott L Sims M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous lidocaine,...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Dr. Nancy Qusba M.D.1254 Ogden Ave Downers Grove IL 60515
- Armando Marquez Jr. Other3225 Wenonah Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402
- Dr. Stephen Holtsford M.D.300 Randall Rd Geneva IL 60134
- Dr. Joseph B Keenan DO4201 W Medical Center Dr Mchenry IL 60050
- Dr. Steven Coker M.D.300 Randall Rd Geneva IL 60134
- Dr. Michael Hartmann MD801 S Washington St Naperville IL 60540