Dr. Stewart Boyd is a gastroenterologist practicing in Lake Charles, LA. Dr. Boyd specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Boyd performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Dr. Stewart Alexander Boyd M.D.'s Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
FLOWOOD, MS 39232Get Direction
Dr. Stewart Alexander Boyd M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck Raises Awareness of Celiac Disease
For some, the first time they heard much about the term "Gluten-free" was from Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who was formerly on The View. She also was a hardcore player on the show Survivor, inspiring many across the nation. Some didn't understand what celiac disease really was when she spoke about it, but...
- A Gluten-Free Diet May Only be Beneficial for Those with Celiac Disease
More and more people are being diagnosed with autoimmune diseases. These are a group of disorders when our immune system fails to recognize own body cells and starts attacking them for no obvious reason, resulting in damage to one or another kind of body tissues. Autoimmune diseases are not just...
- Creating Low-Gluten Bread Made Possible with Gene-Editing Technique
Gluten-free bread is a type of bread that doesn't have any wheat, barley and rye, and instead has a combination of starches like potato flour, cornstarch and rice flour. As there are people who experience adverse reactions whenever they consume food that contains gluten, gluten-free bread is...
- What Are The Risk Factors Of A Colonoscopy?
Colonoscopy is a medical procedure and like all medical procedures, it may have its risks. For a vast majority of patients, the benefits far outweigh the risks and also much can be done to minimize the risks.About Colonoscopy The colonoscopy procedure involves the use of a thin and flexible camera...
- Dr. Ricardo McCall MD Lake Charles Louisiana 70601
- Dr. Francis Xavier Bride MD555 Dr Michael Debakey Dr Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Robin Ann Rougeau MD555 South Ryan St Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Sarpreet Singh Basra M.D.301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Gerald W Byrd MD501 Dr Michael Debakey Dr Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Henry C Ho M.D.20 York St New Haven CT 06510