Dr. Luc Maes is a naturopathic physician practicing in Santa Barbara, CA. Dr. Maes specializes in proactive prevention and treatment. Dr. Maes combines holistic healing methods with traditional solutions to medical illness. Providing both individual and family care, the most common ailments treated are allergies, chronic pain, digestive issues, obesity, heart disease, fertility, menopause, cancer and chronic fatigue syndrome. Naturopathic Physicians place a strong emphasis on natural remedies that add to the broad spectrum of remedies available.
Dr. Luc Michael Maes DC,ND's Practice location
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Get Direction
Dr. Luc Michael Maes DC,ND's reviewsWrite Review
- All About Vitamin B5 and Why We Need It
What is vitamin B5?Vitamin B5 is also known as pantothenic acid. This B vitamin was initially discovered by chemist Roger J. Williams in the year 1931. Pantothenic acid was basically discovered in combination with other compounds, and around 1938, it was successfully isolated on its own.In 1933,...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease (PD)?Parkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive neurological movement disorder, which means that the symptoms of this disease gradually get worse over time. The exact cause of the disease is still unknown. There is also no cure for this medical condition, but...
- 20 Amazing Health Benefits and Uses of Mangosteen
What is mangosteen?The scientific name of mangosteen is Garcinia mangostana and it belongs to the Clusiaceae family. It is a tropical tree that originates in Southeast Asia. The tree is thick and its leaves are glossy, large, and dark green in color. Its flowers are rose-pink in color. The fruit...
- What Is Quinoa? Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits of Quinoa
Quinoa is a grain crop that belongs to the flowering plant family of Amaranthaceae and is considered to be one of the superfoods since it is one of the few nutrient-dense food items that is easily available.In fact, quinoa was often considered to be the "food of the gods" by the ancient Incas, given...
- What Is Valerian Root?
What is valerian root?Valerian is a type of flowering plant and its roots are used as an herbal remedy when dried. Valerian root is used as an alternative medicine to aid in the treatment of insomnia. Other uses of valerian root include treatment for stress, anxiety, depression, epilepsy, tremors,...
- 5 Natural Remedies for Stomach Ulcers
OverviewStomach ulcers, also known as gastric ulcers, are sores within the stomach lining. An infection caused by a bacterium called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is the most common cause of stomach ulcers. Another cause of stomach ulcers is the long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory...
- Dr. Jessie Carroll N.D.2007 ALAMEDA PADRE SERRA SANTA BARBARA CA 93103
- Dr. Jonathan Birch N.D.200 N LA CUMBRE RD STE F SANTA BARBARA CA 93110
- Dr. Steven Richard Sinclair N.D.302 STANLEY DR SANTA BARBARA CA 93105
- Dr. Thaddeus Edward Jacobs ND, LAC34 E Sola St Santa Barbara CA 93101
- Trevor Holly Cates N.D.34 E SOLA ST SANTA BARBARA CA 93101
- Dr. Elizabeth Nimblett Clapham ND2958 STATE ST SANTA BARBARA CA 93105